Bet | Scott

Scott and Stiles stood at your door waiting for one of them to knock. They heard about a new werewolf in town and decided to see if you were okay. Stiles sighed and knocked on the door then looked at Scott.

You answered the door and raised your eyebrows, "what is it?"

Scott glanced back at the neighbours that are outside then back at you, "well maybe we should talk privately."

You and the two boys walked into your living room and stopped in the middle. "Has Kurt been here?" Scott questioned raising his eyebrows.

"Not exactly," you mumbled and looked at your hands.

Stiles furrowed his eyebrows and pursed his lips, "what exactly does "not exactly" mean?"

"Well, he was outside last night. Just...looking. Just looking at me..." You paused while the two boys looked at each other. "Has he done something?"

"We're not really sure," Scott worried.

"It's probably nothing, but... we just don't wanna take any chances. In fact, one of us should probably stay here with you? Just in case he stops by. Where does he work?" Stiles chimed in.

"He works in a body shop," you clarified licking your lips.

"You mind grabbing that address for us?" Stiles asked politely. You nodded and walked out of the room.

"All right, you go. I'll stay," Scott commanded and turned to Stiles.

"Forget that. You go after the creepy ex. I'm gonna hang here with the hot chick," Stiles dead panned.

"Dude, why do you always get to hang out with the girls?"

Stiles smirked, "Cause I'm older."

"No, screw that. We settle this the old-fashioned way," Scott demanded.

Scott takes the coffee cups and sets them down, then raises his fist for Rock-Paper-Scissors. Stiles plays along, choosing scissors while Scott chooses rock.

"Stiles always with the scissors," Scott mocked with ego.

"Shut up, shut up. Two out of three," Stiles declared.

Scott sighed but they lift their hands to play once more. Scott's rock once again beats Stiles' scissors.

-Later that morning-

You were checking through the mail while Scott watched from the kitchen table. He smiled uncomfortably at you.

"Um... do you wanna sit on the couch?" You asked trying to start a conversation.

"No. No, no. I'm okay," Scott rushed.

"It's more comfortable," you explained.

"Ah, I'm fine," he smiled a little.

You came back to the table with a basket of laundry. Dumping it onto the table, you began sorting through your underwear, pulling up a tiny lacy thong.

"You know, I think I will sit on the couch," Scott sat there awkwardly until his phone rings. He answered it.

"Let me guess. You're sitting on her couch like a stiff, trying to think of something to say," Stiles teased while walking.

"Did you find Kurt?" Scott changed the subject.

"No, he hasn't been at work all week. But because I'm good, and I mean really, really good, I got a line on where he might be. What's she wearing?" Stiles smirked while getting into the car.

"Bye, Stiles," Scott hung up.

You walked to the couch. "You know, can I ask you a question? It's – it's a little personal," Scott asked awkwardly.

"You've seen my entire underwear collection. Go ahead."

Scott smiled and nodded, "Okay, um... well, you're – you're clearly smart. I mean, your house is full, is full of great books, you know? And you're independent..."

You nodded, "Uh-huh."

"What were you doing with Kurt?"

You paused, "I don't know. I mean, it's not like he introduced himself, like, "Hi, I'm possessive and controlling and I like to punch people. Wanna be my girlfriend?"

You both laughed.

"Yeah, well, I guess we all make mistakes," Scott reasoned.

"Yeah, well, mine's wanted by the police. You wanna know why I stayed with him? Really?" Scott nodded,"I was too insecure to leave."

"I find that hard to believe. I mean, you don't really seem like the type," Scott was surprised.

"Yeah, well, some stuff happened. My life changed, I changed. For the better, I think," you looked at him.

"What happened?" Scott asked rubbing his hands together a little

"Well, for one thing, I got mugged," you mumbled unsure.

Scott was surprised again, "And that's supposed to be a good thing?"

You laughed, "I know, it sounds strange. And don't get me wrong, it rattled me. But – then it hit me. I could keep feeling sorry for myself, or I could take control of my life. I chose the latter. First thing I did was tell Kurt he had to go."

Scott nodded, "Smart move."

"Apparently. Everything else just opened up, blossomed. It's all been wonderful, really. What? Doesn't everybody think that being a victim of random violence is the best thing that ever happened to them?" You used sarcasm.

Scott laughed, "Yeah, not so much," he paused, "You're... unusual."

"Unusual, like..." you circled your finger, pointing to your head, meaning 'crazy.' "unusual?"

"No. No. No, no, no. Unusual, like... impressive," Scott hurried to fix his words.

You smiled and looked down, "You think so?"