∞ twenty seven ∞

A/N i have a whole bunch of people in my dedication list so imma start again before i run out of chapters :')

📽

Calum's POV

It had been one week since we last talked. One week.

I refused to leave my room during that entire period and saying that I felt like absolute shit was just an understatement.

The door creaked open and I looked up from where I was writing a song to find my sister standing there with a hopeful smile on her face.

"What do you want Mali. Make it quick, I'm working on something," I said rudely, scribbling down a few more lyrics on the sheet of paper.

"Why do I even try," She sighed as she made her way towards my spot on the carpeted floor.

I ignored her, continuing to note down a few chords and lyrics. You see, songwriting has always been a way for me to express and convey my thoughts or feelings without me having to verbally explain it. It enables me to release pent up stress and frustration in a harmless way. Therefore, I've just been spending my time working on a new song which has successfully distracted me from my thoughts.

"Y'know Cal, staying cooped up in your room for an entire week isn't going to do you any good. You need to go out there and get some fresh air!" She spoke, finally breaking the silence.

"No."

"Cal...." My sister whined.

"I said no Mali! Can't you just leave me alone?" I snapped.

"That's it! I'm done playing the nice guy here. I come and check up on you and this is what I get? Oh what a joy."

"Whatever I'm dealing with right now is none of your business," I stated bluntly.

"Look Cal, although I don't know what happened to make you isolate yourself, I'm your sister and I care about you a lot. I mean, I'm sure it has something to do with that blonde of yours but I want to hear it from you and not just make assumptions. I can't just sit back and watch you slowly destroy yourself over this. It breaks my heart," She reasoned, finally making me tear my gaze away from my work.

"Fine, it is about him okay? He found out and now he hates me. We haven't talked in one solid week and I just feel so hopeless right now," I explained.

"Moping around in your room isn't going to help one bit you know. How about taking a short walk just to clear your thoughts and get some fresh air?" Mali suggested.

"I'm not in the mood Mals," I deadpanned, earning a sigh from her.

"Please Cal? Do this for me? I promise you you'll feel so much better after that," She pleaded.

I reconsidered it, deciding to give in since she probably won't stop at nothing til I'm out of the house.

"Fine, okay. I'll take a short walk," I huffed, standing up and dusting my jeans off.

She immediately sprung to her feet and pulled me in for a hug, making my cheeks squish together.

"Thanks lil bro, I love you!"

-

The chilly Sydney air swept across my half frozen face as I stauntered down the street. I guess leaving the house wearing nothing but a layer of clothes wasn't such a great idea was it?

All of a sudden, I heard whimpers coming from a nearby alleyway. Curiosity got the better of me and I inched my way closer as quietly as I could, anxious about what I would come face to face with.

A horrified gasp left my lips as I took in the scene before me, a shaky hand reaching up to cup my mouth.

There stood the love of my life with tears rolling down his pale cheeks, eyes squeezed shut as a boy pressed him flush against the wall, feeling him up.

Anger and jealousy coursed through my veins, my fists clenching tightly as I marched towards the pair.

"Get your fucking filthy hands off him!" I yelled, making the black haired boy bring a stop to his actions.

I stormed right up to them, peeling the boy off of the trembling blonde forcefully and pushing him to the ground.

"What the he-"

I threw a punch to his face, stopping him mid sentence and causing him to cry out in pain.

I continued throwing hits at his disgusting face, only stopping once a timid hand was placed on my bicep.

"C-Cal, stop..."

My brown eyes were met with a set of tear-filled blue ones and all my anger seemed to dissipate almost immediately.

Taking one last look at the bloodied and bruised face of Luke's assailant, I released his shirt, making him tumble back to the ground with a thud.

"Don't you dare lay your dirty hands on him again! You hear me?" I warned through gritted teeth, shooting him daggers.

He nodded his head swiftly, scrambling to his feet and sprinting away from us as fast as his feet could carry him.

Once he was out of sight, I averted my gaze to the broken blonde sat beside me, features instantly softening once I realised that he was on the verge of tears again.

"Oh Luke," I sighed, bringing the fragile boy into my arms.

His hands instantly went to my shirt, clutching it tightly as hot tears escaped his eyes and landed on the thin fabric.

I tangled my calloused fingers in his blonde locks, threading my hand through them soothingly as the other gripped his waist protectively.

"It's okay babe, shhh. He's gone okay? You're safe, I'm here now. No one will hurt you as long as I'm here," I hushed as soft whimpers left his lips.

It absolutely broke my heart to see him in this state and I wanted to ensure he wouldn't have to go through something like this again in future.

I was going to protect him no matter what.

📽

A/N would you look at that

i'm sorry (again) LOVE YOU

i promise it gets fluffier from here :D

boxes of tissues, hugs, cuddles, kisses and more hugs

~ chris xx