CHAPTER 18 - part 2 - CAUGHT AND ESCAPED

Start from the beginning

“So that’s how things are. Then you need not worry. We are only happy to welcome another one into our group, be it a gardener or a student.” Nirvesh said and relinquished his hold on Guru.

“Tell him to meet us today in my room at sharp nine.” Nirvesh said while straightening Guru’s creased collar.

“What about the stuff he stole?” Skinny interjected.

“How much was it worth?” Nirvesh asked his gang.

“Just about a hundred rupees. It was marijuana only, not cocaine.” Bulky replied.

“Then tell your friend to bring thousand rupees for using our stuff without permission. Bring more if he intend to buy some new stuff.” Nirvesh commanded.

“So they are letting me go. Thank God! I will inform Bhayya immediately and then, we will leave the place before nine at night.” Guru decided.

“Go now.” Nirvesh nudged him towards the exit.

Nirvesh’s order startled him. He hastened out of the place in a minute and hurried to reach Mohan and tell him all that has happened in such a short span of time.

                *******************************

Megha and Mohan soon hurried past the entertainment room. The men inside had their eyes glued to the TV and didn't even notice them walking past. Mohan felt sure nothing else would hamper their little adventure, but he was wrong.

As they were about to exit through the main entrance hall, the 'real' Guru barraged in. In his hurry, he collided with Megha and her hanky fell down.

Both stared at each other for a moment and then, in unison, turned their gaze to Mohan: Megha's terrified and Guru's questioning.

"Trust Guru to pick up the worst timing for his first meeting with Megha." Mohan thought and let out an exasperated sigh.

He bent down, retrieved his hanky and thrusted it back into Megha's hand.

"Arrey yaar, this is only Guru - my assistant." He assured Megha. She recovered from the shock, covered her face again and stood there observing Guru from behind the hanky.

"And Guru, this is Megha Vyas - you know who she is." Mohan left the introduction vague, but Guru's eyes lit up with recognition.

"So this is your Miss Spitfire!" He exclaimed, grinning excitedly at Megha.

Megha's questioning eyes peeped out from behind the hanky and Mohan sighed again.

"I'll explain later but right now, we need to get you out from here before someone else notices." he said and caught hold of her hand again.