Chapter 19

Elliot's POV [Flashback/ Memory]

"I like Rose." Liv spoke, as we laid together in bed. I looked over at her, as I attempted to read a book that I just randomly picked up.

"Rose isn't unique enough." I replied.

"Why all of a sudden do we give our children unique names?" She laughed, and I leaned over and ran my hand over her stomach.

"This little girl is going to be special just like her siblings." I smiled, and she nodded.

"I know that, El, but still. I think Rose is sweet."

"We have 14 weeks left." I replied, and she nodded.

"I'm going to call her Rose." She smiled, and I rolled my eyes.

"Sure." I laughed.

I kissed her cheek and slipped down under the blankets. I wrapped the blankets around me and she quickly turned off the lights and joined me. She snuggled into my side, and I felt how cold she was.

"Why do you only wanna sleep this close to me when you are cold?" I teased, and she yawned.

"Shut up, I'm tired."

=+=

It was the next morning when Liv started to get sick. 

I woke up and heard her getting sick, and I quickly got out of bed. She hadn't gotten sick in awhile.

"Liv?" I asked, as I entered the bathroom. She heaved forward, and I knelt down behind her.

"I don't feel good." She whimpered, as she leaned back against me.

"I can tell, baby. Come on, take a shower and I'll get you something bland." I spoke, and she nodded.

She showered and I came back and she drank some tea and ate some crackers, before falling sleep.

=+=

The whole day she slept and complained about her stomach hurting, like cramps. I asked her if she wanted to go to the hospital, but she said no.

I made dinner for the kids and we were sitting down eating, and I was helping Janey eat her dinner, when Liv stumbled downstairs and into the kitchen.

"El." She whimpered.

"Liv, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm bleeding, and I'm really hot." She moaned, as she clung onto the counter. I quickly stood up and looked at Maureen.

"Stay here with them. I'll call you when we find something out." I spoke, before quickly picking up Liv. She moaned as I awkwardly grabbed my phone and we headed outside.

"I don't want to lose her." She whispered, as I laid her in the front seat and buckled her up.

"We aren't going to lose her, Liv. Just take deep breaths and don't think about the bad stuff. Think about how we aren't naming her Rose." I spoke, trying to get her mind off of her pain.

"I like Rose." She moaned.

=+=

I didn't even bother getting a wheelchair. I just picked her up and carried her into the ER.

They took her back after I explained what was happening, and I sat down and hung my head.

What would happen if we lost another baby? Liv was destroyed when we lost Ethan, what if we lost another?

I sighed and leaned back into the chair. I pulled my phone out and dialed my mother's number.

"Hi, sweetie." She answered, and I frowned.