Chapter 8

Elliot's POV

I stood outside of Olivia's room and Maureen stood in front of me.

"They don't even know when she is waking up?" Maureen questioned, as she played with the strap of her back pack.

"Sorry, Mo." I frowned, and she sighed.

"I just, I really miss her Dad. This isn't like Mom. She has always been here for us no matter what."

"I know. Your mother is amazing. But, you have to go back to school. I'll keep you updated. You have finals, and I'm thankful that your professors gave you extensions."

"I'll be home on Monday. I can help with the kids." She replied, and I nodded.

She stepped forward and hugged me. I caressed her hair and then turned and kissed her cheek.

"Alright, drive safely, kid."

"Will do, Dad. I love you." She smiled, and I waved at her as she walked away. I turned and looked into the window and sighed.

"Come on, Liv. Wake up."

=+=

I sighed as I watched Liv get Maureen ready for her first day of real school. Yeah, she went to preschool, but it was more of a daycare. She was 6 now, and god was I scared.

Liv smiled and kissed Maureen's cheek after she put a necklace on her.

"Don't lose this, silly girl." Liv laughed, as Maureen twirled around in her school dress.

"Daddy! How do I look?" Maureen squealed, as she ran over to me. She twirled around some more, and I knelt down in front of her and smiled.

"You look just as beautiful as your Mommy." I breathed, and Maureen quickly looked at Olivia. I had just given her the best compliment in the world.

"Did you hear that?" She squealed, and Liv picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"I did. And I think you look so pretty in your dress, sweetie." Liv breathed, before kissing her cheek gently.

"We NEED to go!" Maureen spoke, and she grabbed Liv's hand once she was placed back on the ground, and pulled her out front.

I laughed as Liv tried to tell Maureen that we had plenty of time, but Maureen wanted nothing to do with have extra time. She just wanted to go to school. I picked up her school bag and walked out front.

"We can wait outside of the school till closer to the time class starts." I spoke, and Maureen nodded.

"Come on, guys!" She cried, before running to the front door, a large smile plastered onto her face.

I looked at Liv who looked just as scared as I was. I grabbed her by the waist and kissed her gently.

"Come on, baby."

=+=

After dropping Maureen off at school, Liv and I drove to the police academy, where Liv and I had our last day of training before graduation tonight.

Liv and I met up after changing, and she grabbed me by my tie, and pulled me close to her. She placed her lips against mine, and I deepened it for a moment before pulling away.

"I love you." I smiled, and she sighed.

"I'm scared."

"So you don't love me?" I teased, and she shook her head.

"I do love you, silly. I'm just scared because our daughter is in school, her first day." She breathed, and I smiled as we walked towards the training station.

"I know. I'm scared too. But she is a trooper. She'll make tons of friends and be fine." I smiled, and she nodded.

I watched her expression change as she thought about what I said, and she smiled.

"Let's go. I bet I can beat you to the bars." She smiled, and I laughed as I started before her.

"Stabler, you are a fucking cheater!" She laughed after me.

=+=

My whole family, and Liv's grandmother stood in the crowd as we walked across the stage, getting our diplomas of sorts. We finally finished training, and now we could start working for New York's finest.

Maureen cheered the loudest when Liv and I crossed the stage, and I laughed as I looked at my daughter.

She may not be Liv's biological daughter, but she was so much like her. God was I happy about that.

They played the National Anythem, and then we saluted before it was finally over.

I watched as Maureen squirmed away from my father, and she ran through the crowd and right to us. I swung her up into my arms, and kissed her cheek.

"I'm so proud of you!" She squealed, before looking over at Liv and saying the same thing. Liv smiled at me and leaned into kiss me, before taking Maureen and spinning her around.

We sat Maureen down, and she skipped in front of us. Liv grabbed my hand and smiled.

"We did it." She breathed, and I smiled.

"We did." I replied.

=+=

Shortly after we finished at the academy, Liv ended up pregnant. We were all so excited, until one morning, I woke up to find Liv laying on the bathroom floor in a pool of blood.

"Liv, wake up." I cried, as I knelt down next to her, tears running down my cheeks.

I tried to find a pulse, and when I did, it was weak.

I jumped up quickly and ran to get the phone.

"911, what is your emergency?" The operator questioned.

"My girlfriend is pregnant and she is bleeding really bad."

"Alright, address?" She asked.

"We are in the apartment building on the corner of 78th and 9th. Apartment 5b." I whimpered.

"I'm dispatching a bus. Is your girlfriend awake?"

"No. She isn't. Her pulse is weak." I cried out, and I leaned down and kissed Liv's forehead, hoping that her knowing I was there would wake her up.

She stayed still, her eyes closed.

"Alright, sir, I need you to tell me some things about her. Alright?"

"Y-yes." I whimpered.

"How old is she?"

"22." I whispered.

"How far along is she?"

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I realized that we probably lost the baby. There was too much blood. Way too much.

"5 months. She was fine last night!" I cried out painfully. I could hear sirens, but those all faded away when I heard Maureen call out behind me.

"Mommy!" She screamed, her voice holding all the pain I was feeling.

"Mo, I need you to do something for me. Alright?" I spoke, bravely.

"Daddy, what is wrong with Mommy?" She cried, and I frowned.

"Go to the front door and when people knock on our door, saying that they are here to help, I need you to open the door and bring them back here."

=+=

I looked at Liv laying in the bed like she had so many years ago when we lost our baby. Tears ran down my cheeks, and I frowned deeply.

She was just as weak as then, but when she woke up from when she lost the baby, she came out stronger than she came in. She was upset about it, but she also wasn't going to show her weakness around Maureen, she was fearless.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment your feedback! :D