65. During

Frederick County Sheriff's Department

Evidence Reporting Form 

Casefile: 10254B6 - Anna Harris

Search Location: Vehicle of Connor Carter

Description of Location: Red 2014 Hyundai Elantra, found on Ellis Road, near the cross section with Linganore Road.

Authorization: The vehicle was taken into police custody during the apprehension of the driver, Connor Carter. Because there was reason to arrest Connor Carter, permission was granted to search the vehicle for additional evidence, particularly regarding the whereabouts of Anna Harris. 

Description of Search: The car was dusted for fingerprints on all surfaces. Foreign liquid testing was done on all surfaces. The car was visually and manually searched by the forensics team. 

Results of Search: Blood spatter evidence was found in the back seat of the car on a sweatshirt. Fingerprints belonging to both Connor Carter and Anna Harris were found throughout the vehicle along with several sets of unidentified prints. Objects found throughout the car include: bag of prescription migraine pills with receipt, grocery bag containing beef jerkey, a carton of pre-made macaroni and cheese, a pack of cosmic brownies, and a bottle of Pepsi. Two sweatshirts were found in the back seat, one female and one male. A book, "The Princess Diaries" was found in the floor of the back seat. A box of tissues was located on the back window bar. Various documents were found in the glove box, along with a global positioning service device. A first aid kit, jumper cables, flares, and heat blankets were found in the trunk. A prepaid cellular telephone was found in the console along with an ipod video device, sunglasses, and several bottles of water. 

Follow up: The female sweatshirt was identified as belonging to Jade Carter. Subsequent blood testing was requested of Jade Carter. The results of the comparison between the blood found on Jade Carter's sweatshirt and Jade Carter's blood was negative. Anna Harris's DNA was used to form a preliminary relationship between the blood on the sweatshirt and Anna Harris's blood. Although the test is not conclusive, the results were positive. The cellular telephone was wiped, however technology teams were able to restore some data. The data included calls made to several phone numbers. Warrants were granted for information from all the numbers. The identities of these phones are listed below by last four digits:

7892: Doctor's Office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Call made December 28, 2016 at 11:05 am. General Practitioner. When contacted, did not remember the phone call. 

8921: Doctor's office near Akron, Ohio. Call made December 28, 2016 at 11:16 am.General Practictioner. When contacted, did not remember the phone call. 

8456: Doctor's office near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Call made December 28, 2016 at 11:24 am.General Practictioner. When contacted, it was confirmed that the phone used to make this call booked an appointment on December 29 at 3pm. It was further confirmed that a male patient, classified as new, attended the appointment with Dr. Sharrah on December 29. At the appointment, the Doctor's notes reflect the male patient complained of intense headaches, with auras and nausea. The doctor recommended the patient have an MRI before seeing a neurologist. The patient stated that he did not believe in radiographic imaging, and felt it was bad for the body, and would not have one. The doctor referred him to a neurologist for further discussion. The neurologist number was 514-312-9090.

6745: Prepaid cell phone. Location unknown. When this phone was called, it reached a blank answering machine. The call rang until an answering machine answered, at which point no identifying greeting was given, instead after a few seconds of silence, a recording beep played. 

9090: Doctor's office near Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. Call made December 29, 2016 at 4:18 pm. Neurologist. Office confirmed appointment was made for January 5. Office stated their policy with migraines is to have the patient have an MRI before the initial meeting. Patient agreed to have MRI and was referred to a radiology center. On January 5th, the male patient attended an appointment with Dr. Newston. The results of the MRI were clean for cancer and other suspected causes. The doctor went over options for treatment, explaining that migraines are often caused by triggers and providing patient with a list of triggers to try to exclude from his life. Patient requested medication and the doctor prescribed him Imitrex. Patient requested to be prescribed Sumatriptin. Doctor asked why. Patient stated that he had had a migraine one other time in his youth and remembered the medication being prescribed and effective. Doctor agreed to prescribe him Sumpatriptin and gave him a prescription for the medication. 

7401: Radiology center. Call made December 29, 2016 at 4:52 pm. Center confirms that a male patient booked an appointment for an MRI on January 2, 2017. Patient's MRI was confirmed, with normal results on that day. 

6745: Prepaid cell phone. Call made January 2, 2017 at 10:43 am. 

5394: Giant pharmacy near Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. Call made January 5, 2016 at 2:34 pm. Pharmacy confirmed that the call was submitting a prescription for pickup the following day. 

6745: Prepaid cell phone. Call made January, 5, 2017 at 2:41 pm. 

6745: Prepaid cell phone. Call made January 6, 2017 at 11:53 am.