Chapter 1

"Turn right in 20 feet," the voice of Emma's Google maps chirped out.

Twenty feet later Emma was staring down a dark alleyway that was supposedly the road she was supposed to take back to her apartment complex. Emma was new to Queens having just moved from the suburbs of Seattle a few days ago. Her dad had a new job in New York leading to the suburb girl being uprooted from her old life.

Her dad was already fully invested in his new job leaving Emma with a lot of alone time to explore her new home. While Emma had found an amazing sandwich shop on today's adventure she had however found herself completely lost and unsure of how to get back home.

"Well... here goes nothing" Emma not so confidently said as she reservedly walked down the supposed short cut back to her apartment. As Emma got farther and farther into to the alley she realized many things. 1) Alley-ways were much darker then she had previous thought, 2) There was a pretty creepy guy following her and 3) She was pretty sure Google maps had it out for her.

"Okay, keep calm, keep calm..." Emma chanted to herself as she walked faster as she noticed the guy had gotten closer. Pulling her phone and sandwich closer into her body Emma once again speed up her pace. Suddenly the man behind her grabbed her from behind and shoved her into the wall.

"Give me your stuff now" the man grumbled at Emma shoving her into the wall more harshly. The man flashed a knife from his jacket to prove that if she didn't comply there would be serious consequences. Blood racing Emma quickly handed over everything in her possession. Emma tried not to cry thinking about all the man could do to her, she might not even make it to her sophomore year of high school.

Just as Emma had finished handing over all her stuff she heard a voice from above: "Hey why don't you pick on someone your own size?" the voice yelled down. Looking up Emma saw the outline of a man perched at the top of one of the bordering buildings. With superhuman speed the man swung down, kicking the man in the stomach sending him flying. The hero quickly managed to knock the guy unconscious and stick him to the wall with a weird web like substance.

Emma was finally able to breath again realized she had been saved by an angel in spandex. Out of relief and shock tears finally began to flow freely from Emma's eyes. The man in the suit quickly heard a sob from behind him realizing that the girl he had just saved was in fact not fully okay.

"Hey, hey are you okay. Did he hurt you?" the red clad male asked looking up and down Emma for any sign of a serious injury.

"No its just, it's my first week in New York and I already almost got shanked over my wallet. But now you saved me and I'm just really confused and relieved but I think he ruined my sandwich and my head is pounding and its just a bad day" Emma sobbed out. Emma was not the one to usually cry but for god's sake she had just been robbed and her sandwich was now spread across the alleyway.

"It's okay we can get you a new sandwich and get you to the doctor for your head" the man replied back not really knowing how to deal with the crying girl now in his hands. Bad guys, sure no problem but crying girls that was a whole new scarier realm he was not ready to face. "Why were you walking down the alley anyways? Not exactly the best place for a girl like you" finally realizing just how young she looked, not to mention how pretty he found her.

"Because stupid Google maps has a vendetta out for me and routed me this way and I still don't even know how to get back home" Emma sighed looked up at the hero above her.

"Here I'll help you get back home if you just promise me to get your head checked out" the hero reassured. For some reason he already felt the need to make sure this girl was safe.

After getting Emma her wallet from the ground and leading her out of the alley, the young hero realized he had to go as he heard yelling a few blocks away. "I have to run I think there is a trouble a few block away but promise me you will follow the directions I gave you and get your head checked out," the man quickly said starting to walk in the direction of the violence. He really didn't want to leave her but he knew he had a duty to protect the other people too a few blocks away.

"Wait I never got your name" Emma yelled out to the receding hero.

"Call me Spider-man"

Author's Note:

AHHH! So here is the first chapter of my new fic! It is more of an introduction to the characters and the story but I will be posting the next chapter soon! I'm super excited about this story and my plans for it

Let me know what you think, feedback is really appreciated and meaningful to me, especially with this being a new fic and all!