Chapter 15

"This is ridiculous I need to get out of here" Peter huffed in annoyance getting up from his lounging position. Peter was currently stuck in the damage control deep storage vault after being knocked unconscious trying to protect clean up material from the Vulture.  Peter felt like he had been trapped in here for hours but Karen, the suit lady on his newly improved uniform, had just informed him that it had only been 40 minutes. He was losing his mind from boredom not to mention he really needed to get back for the decathlon. He didn't care that he might not get compete but he wanted to be there to support Emma knowing how much it meant to her and how nervous she was.

Peter went to go look through the container full of materials that had been shipped in with him. As he began to pick around the boxes, Peter found an object nearly identical to the glowy thing he had found left by the criminals.

"That thing is an explosive energy core" the voice of Karen rang out causing Peter to appropriately freak out.

"What! You mean I've been carrying around a bomb for days!" Peter yelled into the silent vault.

"It would require radiation to transform it into an explosive state" Karen informed him not that it managed to calm Peter down as he frantically searched through his backpack for his phone. Peter went to call Emma only to see that the call failed due to a lack of a signal. He needed to get out of here now; Emma and Ned were in danger carrying around that glowy thing like he had told Ned to do. Peter frantically ran to the doors trying to call for help hoping anyone would hear him and let him out. That thing could explode at any time knowing the amount of metal detectors that one had to go through in DC. He couldn't be the one that was responsible for them getting hurt especially because he made Emma stay what now seemed to put her in directs harms way.

"The doors most likely won't be open to morning," Karen informed Peter as he kept desperately yelling out for help. Peter was stuck and there was nothing he could do to help his friends expect try and escape. Peter ran to the box to the side of the doors determined to guess the code to open the doors.

"Alright Karen, we are going to need to try every sequence until it opens" Peter called out already trying sequences to no avail. Peter just hoped that he would be able to get out before it was too late.

XXX

"Peter you better be in there with a good explanation," Emma yelled out while banging on Ned and Peter's door early in the morning. Emma had spent most of the night seething from anger. She couldn't believe Peter had just ducked out without even giving her a good explanation to her face. Emma should have guessed that Peter was going to do something like this with his hero complex and the fact that he felt the need to protect everyone. Emma was for sure going to give him hell when she saw him this morning and make sure he wasn't going to pull a stunt like this again.

"Peter and Ned come on we need to go. I promise I won't attack either of you" Emma said through the door, knocking again as no one answered. They really did have to leave for the decathlon and while Emma was mad at Peter she wasn't mad enough to not move on. She just wanted to go to decathlon championship and crush it with her two friends by her side.

Finally Emma heard the door be unlocked and her to be met with a nervous looking Ned. Emma raised her eyes as if to ask why he was standing at the door looking so worried. Finally Emma was starting to realize that Peter maybe was not back.

"Ned you better tell me that Peter is hiding in the bathroom or something" Emma said finding her self-get angry as she slipped past Ned to look around the boys room. Emma looked everywhere to see Peter's bed untouched and him to be nowhere to be found. Ned watched Emma nervous about her reaction over what happened last night but also over the fact that Peter wasn't back like he had promised.