Chapter 23

Peter felt his feet drag as he walked into the festively decorated gym. As Peter approached the door he saw all his friends laughing and having a good time. A sudden anger took over him as he thought about how Emma and he deserved this kind of dance. M.J. flipped Peter off as he continued to stare at the group but Peter felt too deep in thought and remorse to even respond.

On one hand, Peter felt like he should stay at the dance and follow the Vulture's instructions and hope he would follow through and deliver Emma back safely. Just a few weeks ago he had almost got some harmless people killed on the ferry because he interfered too much. If he couldn't save them then how could he save Emma?

On the other hand, Peter knew that he couldn't just sit around all night waiting for Toomes to follow through on his word. The man was a villain for a living how could he be trusted and he knew damn sure that he wasn't going to put Emma's life on the word of a known criminal and killer. Not only that but the Vulture was going to try and steal again and do who knows what else. While he may not have his suit, it may be his only chance to stop him. This man needed to be stopped and Peter was going to try damn hard to make sure that both he and Emma made it out okay at the end of the night.

As Peter walked up to his group of friends he felt deep guilt for what he was about to do. "Liz, Ned, I'm so sorry but I got to go," Peter said before running into the hallway as he started to undo his tie. Peter was sprinting as fast as he could to his hideout under the lockers to get his old suit. It wasn't much, it had no fancy technology from Mr. Stark but if he was able to save people before he had the fancy suit then he could do it now.

After Peter quickly changed into the old cotton suit he ran outside hoping that he was fast enough to catch up to the car. As Peter got outside to where the school buses were parked he was immediately hit in the face with an electric punch. Peter was knocked to the ground as he saw one of Toomes assistants standing above him with the electric shocker.

"He gave you a choice, you choose wrong," Peter heard the guy said as he approached him laying on the ground. Peter knew that he needed to get up and get his web shooters or he would have no chance.

"You choose the wrong boss so I don't think you have much room to talk" Peter sassed trying to distract him as he tried to grab the web shooters.

Peter's plan of distraction was shut down as he began to get repeatedly knocked around into the various school buses parked behind the school. Things for Peter were not looking good. How could he manage to take the Vulture out with his crappy old suit if he couldn't get his web shooters back, not to mention the fact that he was currently getting his ass kicked by the Vulture's assistant. Just as Peter felt all hope was being lost as the Shocker came in for a hard hit, Peter saw a web shoot out and hold back the arm of the criminal. Peter looked up in amazement to see Ned had come to his rescue.

"Ned! Nice shoot" Peter yelled out feeling hope return that he would be able to get Emma back. Ned quickly threw the web shooters to Peter and Peter was able to get the Shocker stuck to the side of the bus and the weapon far away from him.

"Ned! The Vulture is Liz's dad and he took Emma!" Peter said as he ran up to his best friend. "We got to tell Mr. Stark! Maybe he can help. Call Happy, and I'm going to go after them and try to get Emma back"

"But Peter you don't have your suit, how are you going to stop him?" Ned asked his best friend worried about his safety.

"I don't know but I'm going to try. I have to try for Emma. Track my phone! I slipped it in the car, it should lead us to wherever the Vulture is taking her" Peter yelled quickly as he tried to figure out how he was going to catch up to them.

"Be safe" Ned called after him, as Peter sprinted away hoping to figure out a car to take or something. Peter was sure that his driving experience in Mario Cart would help him be able to drive without injuring anyone... right?

xxx

As Emma came to her senses she realized that she was laying down in the back of the car that she couldn't remember getting into in the first place. As Emma stirred she realized that her hand and feet were bound with rope, making it impossible for her to move. Not exactly a good way to wake up. As Emma came to her senses she started connecting all the pieces of what happened leading up to her passing out. Emma was starting to think that she was royally screwed as she was alone with the Vulture with no defense besides her poorly timed sass.

"Look who's finally coming to her senses." Liz's dad said as Emma made eye contact with him in the rearview mirror. They had just pulled into an abandoned warehouse and Emma was getting more and more freaked out as the time passes. "Not a big fan of the sedation medicine I see, you would be surprised how easy it is to get that stuff," he said again with a smirk on his face. While Emma had always gotten a fairly bad vibe from Liz's dad she didn't know that he was this insane. Frankly, she didn't know anyone was capable of being this evil, but you know what they say: people surprise you every day.

"If you think you are getting away with this, you're dumb. Trust me stealing from the Avengers does not sound like a good idea. They got Hulk on their team and I'm pretty sure he could take you out in a matter of seconds." Emma sassed back as she tried and failed to loosen her restraints. They make it seem so much easier to get out of restraints in the movies, Emma thought to herself.

"Oh trust me, I think I'm fine. I'll be gone before they even know what happened. I've been stealing from the Avengers for years and nobody but your little boyfriend noticed" The Vulture responded as he carried Emma out of the car, setting her down on a chair in the middle of the warehouse.

"Is there a reason we are in this creepy warehouse or are you just trying to keep up your creepy villain image?" Emma asked as she tried to look for all the various exits hoping that by some miracle she could get free. While Emma was terrified for her own safety, she hoped that Peter didn't find them. The Vulture was dead set on getting his materials and she was sure that he would stop at nothing including killing both her and Peter to get them.

"You know I get why Liz likes you, she's a fan of sassy comments. I'm however not as big of a fan so I would watch what you say" he said as he started to set up some supplies around the warehouse. "We are here since I'm sure Peter will have tracked your location by now so I'm just waiting for him to show up. You didn't really think I was going to let you guys go so easily? You guys both know my identity, I can't have you helping the Avengers find me"

Emma felt her heart stop realizing the extent of his plan. He was using Emma as bait so that he could kill Peter and her once and for all.

"We are just kids! You can't be that cold-hearted!" Emma yelled as she started thrashing hoping that the restraints would give way.

"Oh, Emma don't take it personally. Except it is actually personal. Your dad has been a real pain while trying to pull this off so using you as bait is really killing to birds with one stone"

"My dad?" Emma asked surprised at his words

"Oh, Emma you didn't know? Certainly, I thought you would have figured out by now that your dad is involved in all this"

xxx

Ta-dah! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Let me know what you all think! I am going to be trying to update very soon as I am hoping to start the second part set in Infinity War with Emma and Peter around the time that the movie is released.

As always I hope you guys have a great day and thank you for reading!