Chapter 24

"It's moving day; he's going to rob the plane!" Peter yelled out realizing Toomes' plan after talking with Ned. Peter was currently speeding down the busy New York streets trying to drive a car for the first time. Peter was headed to an abandoned warehouse where the phone he had left in Toomes' car was showing its coordinates.

"The warehouse's on your right" Ned called out through Peter's headset. Peter sharply swerved left causing the car to tip over on its side. Flash wasn't going to be happy about that. Peter had managed to convince Flash to get out of his dad's car where he the "borrowed" it. Borrowed was a loose term because he hadn't actually asked.

As Peter sprinted to the building, he couldn't help but wonder if Emma was there and if so what kind of condition she would be in. Peter promised himself that once they got out of this situation, he would make sure that nothing like this ever happened to her again.

Peter pushed open the doors to see Toomes leaning against a table while Emma was tied up in a chair next to him. Emma looked physically okay, but he could tell that she was scared, she always clenched and unclenched her fists when she was stressed and right now she was doing it over and over again. While Emma always tried to act brave, Peter could tell that she was terrified.

"Suprised to see me here?" Peter yelled to Liz's dad as he walked closer to them.

"I was actually expecting to you, figured you might come looking for Emma. You just missed out on our fun conversation. We just were having a little chat, isn't that Emma?"

"Screw off," Emma said back, Peter noting the venom in her voice. Whatever had happened before Peter got there, apparently had left a lasting impact on Emma.

"I swear to god if you hit her," Peter started trying to see if Emma looked injured anywhere.

"Oh Pete, I'm sad you think so lowly me. No, I would never hurt a girl, you on the other hand..."

"You know I see why you two work so well as a couple," Toomes continued "You both are so blind to what is happening to around you. I'm not the bad guy you think I am. I'm just doing what I need to do to survive. Those guys like Tony Stark just take and take while the rest of us are just trying to get a few scraps. Peter, you act like you want to play in the big leagues, but you are just a chess piece in the bigger problem here."

"Oh, could you shut up already?" Emma asked getting sick of his monologue

"I just waiting for the wings to get ready," Toomes said as his wings started zooming through the air knocking down structural pillars and heading straight towards to Peter. Peter managed to dodge the wings as it continued to circle him.

"Alright I should be heading out, I'm sorry Peter," Toomes said as he started putting on his jacket

"What are you talking about the thing hasn't even touched him yet" Emma called out.

"True, but was it really trying to?" Toomes asked as the wings continued to knock the pillars around Peter. Emma realized that Toomes was trying to knock down the ceiling on Peter, something that would certainly kill him. However, Emma realized this seconds too late.

"PETER!" Emma screamed trying to get his attention. Peter had just managed to make eye contact with Emma when the ceiling came crashing down, crushing him underneath.

"PETER" Emma yelled again this time her voice breaking from her desperation that he would answer, hoping by some miracle that he hadn't died and that he would respond.

But there was only silence.

Emma felt her heartbreak as she continued to scream out for Peter. He couldn't be gone. He was Peter, the boy who managed to always be okay no matter what situation he was.

"Don't worry Emma there are many boys out there. I'm sure someone will find you one of these days and let you out of these ropes. I got to head, got a plane to catch" Toomes yelled running out of the warehouse with a wink. He was completely unapologetic about the fact that he had just taken the life of a teenage about. And with that Emma was left alone in the rubble

Emma continued to scream Peter's name pleading for him to respond, but she continued to hear only silence.