Chapter 7

"So 7'oclock, my house for pizza and movies" Peter asked his two closest friends as the walked into gym.

"Only if the movie is Star Wars" Emma countered back as they made their way to sit in the bleachers.

"You've got yourself a deal" Peter said blushing as Emma sat down extremely close to him due to the limited amount of space in the stands. Peter had been even more on edge with Emma since last night. Of course not that she would understand any of it because she didn't know about his double life. Peter had always felt like there was something more then just friendship between the two. Hell Peter couldn't even sit next to Emma without blushing. Peter just didn't know what to do. He wasn't sure if she liked him or how she would react if he told her about his chaotic double life. She had become such a good friend that Peter was nervous to ruin that.

As Peter was deep in thought, coach started putting in a videotape on the television. "Today you will be participating in Captain America's fitness test," came the voice from the television set.

"Oh fuck me" Emma muttered "Another fitness test to prove how out of shape I am"

"Preaching the choir" Ned whispered back while Peter just rolled his eyes at his friend's antics.

"See this is why you're my favorite Ned" Emma responded to Ned followed by her sticking her tongue out at Peter who had given her a glare for that comment. That girl really was something Peter thought to himself as coach told them to pair up. Peter went with Ned while Emma and MJ paired up having known each other from all their decathlon practices. Peter was actually slightly relieved to have some alone time with Ned as he had yet to tell him about the incident last night.

As the first exercise started, Peter began effortlessly doing sit-ups. Glancing over he saw Emma doing them while what appeared to be cursing out forced physical education to MJ. Peter in hushed tones launched into his story of last night to Ned hoping to get some advice on how to handle the whole Emma situation.

"And then she told me I had nice abs!" Peter continued still not really feeling any of the effects of the physical activity. Peter really was on could nine since night. Sure Peter was still upset about feeling like a failure but Emma had been so caring and actually seemed to be fazed by his appearance.

"You do man! I've seen them!" Ned said boosting his best friend up "Emma totally has a thing for you, now you just got to ask her out!" Ever since Ned first met Emma he had always thought that Peter and Emma would be the perfect couple. It was obvious that they both liked each other just neither one was going to do anything about it.

As Ned boosted up his friend the pair couldn't help but overhear some of the senior girls' conversation on superheroes. Some of the girls, including Liz, had been talking about how cool Spider-man was.

"Peter knows Spider-man" Ned blurted out leading to everyone in gym to look at Peter while Peter looked open mouthed at his best friend as he thought of the various ways he could kill him.

"Dude once Emma sees how cool everyone thinks you are because you know Spider-man she will have to date you" Ned whispered to Peter as he tried to justify his actions.

"Ned what the," Peter started harshly whispering to Ned ready to get mad when Liz interrupted asking "You know Spider-man?"

"Know is a strong word, I mean I've met him a few times and he was a pretty solid dude" Peter relented, accepting the situation he was now in.

"You should invited Spider-man to your party Liz" Another senior girl yelled down.

"Party?" Peter asked suddenly getting more intrigued. Maybe Ned was on to something and if Emma were to see him getting invited to a party maybe she would think he was cooler.

Fingers Crossed || Peter Parkerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें