Chapter 5

12 minutes until lunch Peter noted as he looked up to check the clock. Peter was so excited to have lunch with Emma. Sure it was just a meal at school but in meant that Peter talked to a girl; a cute girl, never the less. Peter had always had thing for an older girl named Liz since he went to high school. Ever since Emma came to school though, he hadn't really thought of Liz. Sure he still thought the older girl was no doubt pretty and smart but Emma had taken over his thoughts. Peter had never been confident talking to girls, as he was never the cool kid, in fact him and Ned were pretty much the bottom of the food chain at Midtown high. Girls never wanted to talk to "Penis Parker". But now in seven minutes he was having lunch with a girl who didn't seem to mind that he was a total nerd.

When Peter had told his best friend that a pretty girl was going to be joining them for lunch, Ned had been in disbelief. Ned already knowing of Peter's other life and how he saved Emma earlier this week had urged Peter to tell Emma that he was Spider-man. "She'll totally be in love with you then" Ned had claimed.

Don't get Peter wrong the idea of revealing his identity to Emma had already crossed his mind numerous times. Sure he had only known her for a few days but he already whole-heartedly trusted her. But Peter knew that the less people that knew about him being Spider-man the better. Peter didn't even want Ned to know but he had found out on accident. Peter was worried that if more people knew the truth about him then his villains could track down his friends and family and hurt them. The want to be able to tell his secret was defiantly outweighed by the need to protect those he cared about. Plus, it seemed like Emma actually wanted to know real Peter not just the Spider-man Peter.

As the end of class bell rang the nerves in Peter increased ten-fold. Peter didn't know why the hell he was nervous, it was just lunch for crying out loud but he couldn't help but feel butterflies as he walked into the lunchroom. After quickly getting his lunch Peter rushed to his normal table to see just Ned sitting there. Emma must just not be here yet, Peter thought to himself as he tried to soothe his nerves.

"Dude, today's the day our life change. I mean first a girl sits with you at lunch and next thing you know you are getting invited to parties and stuff" Ned said bubbling over with excitement. Peter on some level wished he could just have lunch with Emma and himself but he was still glad Ned was getting to meet her. They were just trying to be friends after all.

"I mean it's just a lunch and she might not even show up," Peter said glancing at the doors noticing that she still hadn't entered the cafeteria.

"Peter chill out, she will show up and probably think you are amazing... especially if tell her you're Spider-man. Just think how cool she will think you are after that!" Ned said whispering the last part so no one else heard.

"What! No, I already vetoed that idea, I'm not telling her..."

"Hey guys!" Emma said interrupting Peter as she finally arrived at the table. "Sorry I'm so late, I was just trying to find the academic decathlon president so I could talk to her about joining. Anyways what were you not going to tell me?" Emma asked as she placed down her bag and took the seat opposite Peter.

"Just that we are on the decathlon team! Peter didn't want to tell you because he didn't want you to think that he was a nerd, isn't that right Peter" Ned staring at his shell shocked friend.

"Oh well I already know that Parker's a nerd but I'm glad you guys are on the team that way I will at least know someone" Emma replied happily as she munched on some of her grapes. Thank god Emma accepted Ned's bluff, Peter thought to himself as his heart rate slowly slowed back to normal.

"Yeah you should join" Peter replied "Except maybe leaving the chemistry questions to me or Ned"

"Hey I resent that! I'm working on chemistry so what if I have a bad subject" Emma huffed throwing a grape at Peter to show him that she meant business. The playful banter continued between the trio as the debated what Star Wars character was the best, Emma and Peter coming to an impasse between Yoda and R2-D2.

"Hey have you guys heard of Spider-man" Emma asked after their heated debate had come to a lull. Peter chocked on his food at the question. This girl was going to give him heart conditions with all her surprises, Peter thought to himself as he tried to clear his throat.

"Yeah! Peter actually now him from his Stark internship!" Ned said leading to Peter looking at his best friend with a WTF face. Correction, both Ned and Emma were going to give him a heart condition before it was all over.

"No way! You actually know Spider-man you have to tell me more!" Emma exclaimed. Well crap, Peter was screwed either way he answered Emma. He couldn't go back on Ned's word and say he didn't know Spider-man because then Emma would be disappointed. But he also couldn't give too much information or Emma might start questioning just how well he actually knew Spider-man.

"Um yeah well I met him like once and seemed like a pretty solid guy" Peter said while throwing another glare at his traitor of a best friend.

"Wow you are so luck" Emma sighed out "You know he saved me a few nights ago and I just can't get him out of my mind. The dude's so cool I mean he's an actual hero!" Peter perked up at Emma's praise. She thought he was cool. Well not Peter him, but Spider-man him but that was good enough.

"Yeah Spider-man's super legit like swinging from buildings and saving people" Ned said trying to hype up his best friend after feeling bad for bringing up that Peter knew Spider-man in the first place.

"Well if isn't Penis Parker" Flash said interrupting Ned. Flash had been a nuisance to Parker for as long as he can remember. The boy had terrorized him nearly everyday in class and was perhaps singlehandedly responsible for Peter's terrible nickname that the whole school found hilarious. "Hey I don't think, I've met you I'm Flash," the bully said turning his attention away from Peter and to Emma. It annoyed Peter to no end that Flash was having any interaction with the girl.

"And I'm not interested" Emma replied rolling her eyes as she continued to munch on her grapes barely acknowledging the boy. Peter was shocked at Emma's reaction to Flash. He had expected her to befriend him and ditch Peter for the cooler boy but she seemed disinterested in the bully much to Peter's enjoyment.

"Okay whatever I never wanted to you anyways loser" Flash replied offended that the new girl had ignored him.

"Hey take it back" Peter said standing up to Flash. Sure it annoyed him when Flash bullied him and called him names but he wasn't going to stand by as he was rude to Emma. Flash suddenly pushed Peter causing him to almost fall back. The whole cafeteria seemed to be watching at the potential fight in the making.

"Hey Peter's its not worth it. Come on let's just leave" Emma said intervening while placing herself between the boys not wanting the fight to go on any further.

"Whatever Parker you better thank your lucky stars that your stupid girlfriend was here to save you," Flash threatened as he walked away. Peter knew that Flash was mostly all bark and no bite. I mean he was on the decathlon team for crying out loud so it was a mostly empty threat but Peter was still annoyed that the altercation had happened at all.

Peter quickly grabbed his stuff before walking out of there with Emma. "Hey thank you for defending me back there, Flash is jerk and I just didn't really want to talk to him at all after what he called you" Emma said as the walked down the hall

"It's fine, sorry you had to deal with him at all. Also sorry he called you my girlfriend... Not that I wouldn't want you as my girlfriend but we're only friends and I'm sure you didn't want Flash calling us together in front of the whole school"

"There are worse things in the world" Emma smirked up at Peter. There sure was a lot of worse things Emma thought to herself.

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! My little cinnamon rolls are so cute! Please feel free to comment or vote as any feedback is extremely helpful and appreciated. Lastly good luck to anyone starting school!