Chapter 21

Another day another gym class.

To say that Emma was nervous for this weekend would be the understatement of the year. Frankly, Emma felt like forgetting the whole Homecoming thing and just staying home with Peter and watch Star Wars movies. But according to Liz that would be "lame" and "uncool". Alas, Emma was going and she had even managed to find a decent looking color dress.

As Emma had her long inner monologue about just how strange the concept of a Homecoming dance a volleyball came hurtling at Emma's head. Emma was hit right in the face with a mean serve from no other than Sarah or Becky or whatever the hell her name actually was.

"Sarah what the hell," Emma said as she tried not to cry in front of her whole class from how hard that ball hit her face. Sarah may be a psychopath that always showed up at the worst times but she sure did know how to hit a volleyball

"Sorry, you weren't paying attention. I mean this is volleyball Gwen" the girl smirked back knowing full way that she hit Emma on purpose and that her name wasn't Gwen.

"Listen here you piece of stale bread" Emma started taking long strides towards the other side of the court when she felt strong arms around her waist.

"Okay, I think we have had enough fun for one gym class. Why don't you come join my team" Peter said as he pulled Emma as far away from the Sarah chick as he could. Peter knew first hand just how explosive Emma could be when her temper started to go.

"Did you hear what she said to me, acting like I didn't know I was in gym class," Emma said as she started voluntarily followed Peter across the gym.

"You know you are quite cute when you get all hot and bothered" Peter smirked as he got ready to serve the ball across the net.

"Shut it, Parker, I'm not cute; I'm intimidating okay? I'm sure Sarah was getting ready to run if you had just let me get closer"

xxx

It was the next day and the dance was finally here. To be honest Emma was already ready to head back to bed. The only thing that was keeping her excited was seeing Peter in a suit. Something about guys in suits just made them so much more scrumptious. Emma begrudgingly starting putting her outfit and makeup into a duffle bag. She was going to be getting ready at Liz's house since Liz and Ned were going together and after the girls got ready the boys were going to come over so they all could take pictures together. When Ned had asked Liz to Homecoming and she said yes, he almost started crying. It was one of the cutest moments Emma had ever seen. Emma was going to make sure today was a good day because they all deserved to have a night of just normal high school fun. After all that they had been through Emma and Peter needed a normal date night.

"All right Dad I'm leaving for Liz's house" Emma called out only to hear no response quickly realizing that her dad must have left to go to work. Even though it was a weekend a big night for Emma, that meant little to Emma's dad. He put the term workaholic to shame

A short train ride and walk later, Emma was at Liz's impressive house. Emma had been here numerous times before but every time the extravagant house managed to amaze her. The door opened just seconds after Emma knocked by Liz's dad. Emma gave a polite smile as he let her in. Something about Liz's dad just seemed off. He always gave Emma the creeps and seemed to look at her as if he knew all of her secrets. Emma pushed the last thought aside chalking her paranoia up to nerves about the dance.

"Emma get up here, we need to start on your hair" Liz called from upstairs. Emma felt herself cringing thinking about how long Liz was going to torture her in the name of beauty. Emma always preferred the more natural look but she knew that Liz really wanted to get her all glammed up.

"Guess my freedom is over" Emma joked to Mr. Toomes

"Have fun Emma, and remember that freedom is sometimes completely overrated" he added as he walked off to the study

Okay, that wasn't creepy at all Emma thought as she forced a smile on her face as she greeted Liz. The next few hours passed quickly as the two girls let loose listening to Beyonce as they got all ready. By the end of it, Emma had to admit that Liz did an amazing job giving her smokey eyes that made her blue eyes especially pop. Emma grabbed her dress and shoes out of her bag, she was wearing a beautiful deep cut red dress that she knew Peter was going to love. And Emma loved her shoes, she decided to wear her white converse, after trying on multiple pairs of uncomfortable heels before finally ditching the whole heel idea.

As Emma finished getting fully dressed she had to admit that she looked amazing. Probably the nicest she ever looked in her life and she couldn't help but wish that she had half the makeup skills of Liz so that she could look any way close to nice as this on a regular basis.

"Dannng gurl, screw Peter you could every guy at the dance if you wanted" Liz hyped Emma up as she stepped out of the bathroom.

"Oh please, they will all be in line to dance with you. Trust me, Liz, you are looking like an 11 tonight" Emma joked throwing a wink at her friend. The best part about having girlfriends was having someone to hype you up.

"We should head downstairs, the boys should be here any moment"Liz reminded Emma as they then started making their descent down the long staircase.

"Oh my goodness girls you look amazing, I have to get some pictures" Liz's mom cooed as she ran to grab her camera. Emma loved Liz mom she was always so nice and welcoming and reminded her of her own mom many times. Spending time with her was definitely bittersweet.

After a bunch of cute pictures, the girls took a quick intermission from their impromptu photo shoot to take the drinks that Liz's dad had appeared with.

"Here you girls go, I'm sure Liz's mom is working you up with a sweet with all the pictures as he handed each girl a glass of water"

"Thank you, Mr. Toomes" Emma said quickly gulping down the water. Maybe he wasn's so bad after all. As Emma finished the glass, there was a knock on the door. Emma felt her heart speed up at the thought of seeing Peter in a suit. The things that boy could do to her heart. The door opening to reveal a suited Peter and Ned.

"What dashing gentlemen we have for dates, Liz" Emma joked as she went up to greet Peter. After a quick hug, not wanting to show to much affection in front of Liz's parents, Peter whispered in Emma's ear "you look amazing, Emma". After the two finished greeting each other, Peter went on to greet Liz parents.

"Hey so nice to see you again" Emma heard Peter say as he shook hands with Liz's dad. Emma could notice as the two conversed, Peter began tensing up and freezing in his words. Emma felt her danger radar increase, knowing that Peter wouldn't get nervous for no reason. Emma met eyes with Peter to see them wide and full of fear.

"Alright, picture time!" Liz's mom called as she herded the kids to stand next to each other, unknowing to her cutting the tension between Peter and her husband.

As Peter went to stand next to Emma for pictures he leaned over to her ear and whispered "Liz's dad is the vulture, he's been the bad guy all along" just before the first picture was taken with Emma looking terrified

xx

I'm back!!!! I am truly sorry I had the longest writer's block and have written this chapter at least five different times before finally getting the motivation to finish it. I truly apologize and hope someone is still reading this. As always let me know what you guys thought of this chapter and what you think is going to happen at the dance.

Hope you all have an amazing weekend and I promise I will post again soon since I have spring break coming up soon.