Chapter 11

Emma heard a knock on her door, causing her to jump. It was a Monday, so Emma wasn't exactly in the perkiest mood especially after a long movie marathon she had with Peter last night. She was totally going to blame him for all her tiredness. Emma walked to the door knowing that it was probably Peter since they had agreed to walk to school together. She opened the door to be greeted by a certain puppy dog looking boy. Emma couldn't help smile at how cute Peter looked especially in her favorite blue sweater of his. Peter handed Emma a coffee much to her surprise. Peter must have left his apartment super early to run and get her coffee and then be back here to be on time to walk with her to school.

"So are you trying to woo me with coffee?" Emma asked smiling as she happily grabbed the coffee, "because if so it's totally working" she added making sure to plant a quick kiss on Peter's cheek as thank you. Peter's cheeks quickly blushed, something he always got whenever they kissed.

The pair began the long trek to school. Peter even grabbing Emma's hand along the way claiming that he "just wanted to make sure she didn't get lost because he knew how directional challenged she was". When the pair arrived at school they couldn't help but notice a few surprised looks at their interlocked hands. Midtown high was no exception from the normal gossip mill of high school, and the latest had been Emma storming out the party so everyone was quite surprised to see them finally acting as a couple. Not that anyone was complaining, Peter and Emma was secretly the main couple that the whole school was rooting for to get together.

"Ready for another day of torture?" Emma asked as they pair stood outside of the school noticing all the glances they kept getting.

"Only if it's with you," Peter said winking. Emma rolled her eyes at how dorky Peter was even though she loved it. As the duo walked in and to Peter's locker they ran into Ned who was perhaps the most surprised to see them talking to each other much less holding hands.

"Wait, did I miss something. Because if you guys are like together that would be amazing because you guys are like my Leia and Han dream couple" Ned asked as he kept looking down at their interlocked hands then back up to his two friends smiling faces.

"Yeah, Ned we are together" Peter said looking down at Emma.

"I knew it!" A voice came from the distance. The trio turned around to see the girl Emma had named as Sarah smirking at them from across the hall. "I knew you guys were totally dating!" she yelled again. 

"Oh shut up Sarah, we get it, you were right about one thing move on" Emma yelled back.

"My name's still not Sarah" The girl snapped back as the warning bell for class rung.

"And I still don't care" Emma called out as she grabbed a wide-eyed looking Peter pulling him to chemistry class. It sure was going to be an interesting day.

XXXX

"Emma come on" Ned and Peter asked both giving her puppy dogs eyes.

"No, I did not sign up to help you criminals" She said crossing her eyes and looking away from the boys across from her at lunch table.

"I didn't think it was a big deal, it's not like it seems that dangerous," Peter said trying to get Emma to calm down. She was currently refusing to help them in investigating the alien weapon Peter had found when traveling to Emma's on Friday because she was mad that he had it around her without even mentioning it until now.

"It's an alien weapon. How can it not be dangerous" Emma whispered loudly. She knew Peter being Spider-man meant performing dangerous tasks, she just didn't think it would mean a strange alien weapon to be in the same room as she had her first kiss. Life she was getting weirder after this whole Spider-man secret thing.