Chapter 23

When things seem to be going good we get knocked back down to square one. It seems that our love for each other has lessened. Something is different. I can feel it. Something in him has changed. Part of me wonders if it happened when our souls were split. Was it because of Dawn? Did he love her as well? Toughts ran through my mind as I laid alone in our bed. Sometimes he would lay with me do sometimes he would sleep on the sofa. Sometimes he just wouldnt come back. It seems this is one of the nights were he isnt comeing back. Slowly sleep took me over. Alone and sad is how I fell alseep most nights.

I woke to the sound of noise down the hall. Getting up from my bed my nightie fell around my ankles. Walking to the door I peared out. Down the hall the door to the guest bedroom was cracked open casting light agaisnt the wall. Giggles drifted out of the room and filled the hall. Walking towards the room a sick feeling twisted in the pit of my stomach. As I reached the door I could hear people whispering. Opening the door all the way my heart broke. Laying on the bed naked was Lucas and Dawn. Hot tears streamed down my face. The way he kissed down her neck filled my mouth with a vile taste. Looking over at me she smirked. Only seconds after he looked at me too. No guilt appeared in his eyes. Anger started to boil in me. Taking a step towards them I flicked my fingers and Lucas was pinned against the wall. "He doesnt want you anymore. You to boring for him," Dawn said still laying on the bed naked. Glaring at her I choked the air out of her with my mind. A deep pinch hit my chest. Looking down my silver nightie began to turn red. A dagger had appeared were my heart would be. Looking up Lucas was standing with his arms around Ziri and Dawn."no," I whispered. "Yes," Lucas smiled back. I felt fingers run along my shoulders looking behind me was Carman. How? No they all should be dead. Looking back at Lucas he nodded his head at Carman. With that she pulled out a sliver knife. Shaking my head I looked to Lucas back to Carman. "No." She started walking towards me as I took a step back. The only words leaving my mouth were no. I hadn't realized my voice raised to almost a yell and my back hit the wall. She pressed the blade to my troat. Trying I pushed against her.  She pushed the blade against my neck stopping my breathing.

"NO!" I shot up in my bed. Looking around frantically for anyone who would hurt me. My eyes landed on the boy who sat in the chair next to the bed. His silver hair shined in the moon light. His skin looked kissed by the sun. Slowly his eyes lifted to mine. Saddness covered them nothing how they were in my dream. "You think I would do that to you? You think I would betray you and leave you for dead?" His words came out soft and quite. Hurt covered his face. I couldn't bear to look in his eyes. Looking away I didnt know what I thought. The side of the bed sank as he sat next to me. Laying down he pulled me next to him. Putting two fingers under my chin he forced me to look at him. "I wouldnt dare do that. I know I've been distant latetly, but I asure you my reasoning is not that." I let a breath out that I didn't even know I was holding. I relaxed against him as he rest his chin on the top of my head. "I love you." Those three little words meant the world to me coming from him. I cursed myself for thinking such things. I began to drift to sleep as he bubbed small circles on my back. The music his heart made lulled me deeper to sleep.