Chapter 3

**Rylee's(Thana) POV**

Waking up is like hell. My eyes can't stand how bright it is in the mornings. Everyday gets harder and harder. The more demons I kill the darker everything in me gets. Why do I continue to do it? For everyone else. One day they won't have to live in fear. I, Riley Quinn, will bring that day faster for people.

Slumping over the side of my bed I slip on my boots. Retrieving my sword I had out to hunt. Almost instantly as I step aside it downpours. It always does when I stepped foot outside. When I'm inside it's sunny. I even make mother nature weep.

As I walk down the street I can feel all the empty houses around me. Most of the houses in my neighborhood are abandoned. The people who still live here never come outside when I'm out. They call me Thana, meaning death. Yes death, but not for them. I am death for the ones who hunt us. The one who takes our blood when thirsty. The ones who take women for their own pleasure and men for their labor. I am the people's only hope of surviving.

Reaching the center of town I sit in the middle of the street. I rest my sword neatly in front of me. Letting the rain patter against me I pull down my hood and take off my glasses. Instantly the high-pitched screech starts and instantly stops when I close my eyes. I start murmuring the words, "Bulbous vicson oro Zhou," over and over. After the third time saying the words I can hear some nearing. In front me a few feet away three of them appear under a Lamppost. The slight wind carries their conversation to me. "Look dudes. Afternoon snack right there." "Are you sure? Look there are others coming too." "Dude we can take them."

Six of them circle around me. Standing up and swinging my sword over my shoulder I quit muttering the summon. They stop moving and stare at me. One reaches out to grab me, snapping my eyes open I paralyzed them with my eyes. All their faces hold a grimace from the high-pitch screech. Taking my sword out one of them managed to ask, "who are you?" Turning to look at him I grabbed his chin with my fingers. Instantly my skin burns his with contact. "Thana. They call me Thana." Looking into his demonic red eyes I ask, "Who's Your Leader? Who's supposed to control you?" To my left one of them chuckles. Angered by that I grabbed him by the throat and burn his skin. He screams out in pain, which makes me smile.

"I asked you a question?" Still, no one answers. Getting angry I cut the head off of one who asked who I was. I watch as his body turns to ash and again washed away by the rain. Finally one of them says, "Pierce Flynn. He's heir to the throne, to be crowned King when the blood moons arise in five days. Clearly, there really is no rule with both worlds running in chaos."

Turning around to look at the one who spoke. He's tall with blonde hair to shoulders. A devious smirk on his face. "What's your name," I asked him. "Jonas, my name is Jonas beautiful." With one quick motion, I cut the rest of their heads. "Well Jonas, I shall spare your life."

I turned to walk away. "But I want to play. I like feisty food," he says reaching to grab my arm. Thrusting my sword backward I catch him in the gut. Dropping to his knees with my sword still in him I turn around. "Do you know what my name means Jonas?" He looks up at me and says, "Beauty?" A shaky grin appears on his face. Leaning down so my lips are next to his ear I say, "Death." With that said I dig my sword deeper into his demonic soul. As soon as I pull my sword completely out of his body it puffs into ash.

Six demons went, dead, by the blade of my sword. Six more demonic souls trapped in my own making me darker inside. Pulling my hood back up and my glasses on I head on my way back home.

Once I get home I notice my dad and his girlfriend are gone. How they don't get the blood sucked out of them I have no idea. Reaching my bedroom door I unlock all the locks. As soon as I open the door it's the same smell as yesterday. The dead yellow rose and little note sit in the same place. Lifting the note from the dresser I open it.

I want you to undress your heart,
and show me how much it hurts,
so that I can show you how I
intend to make it stop.
                             ~P.F.

Again the note and Rose disappear. I think back to the first time all this became a part of my life. The demon slaying. Being this creature. Getting the notes and roses.

~six months before~

That was the hardest day of my entire life. Who would have thought today I would be attending my mother's funeral? Leaving dad to sit on the couch I head to my room. Reaching the top of the stairs I head towards my room. Relieved to not be in front of everyone anymore I push the door open. Slipping my shoes off I head to my bed. Sitting down I look at the clock. It reads, 8:36 p.m. The funeral was at 5:00. After two hours of greeting people and listening to the sermon, we went out to eat. It's been a long hard day. I don't know what I'm going to do without her. We were so close. I just wish my dad didn't blame himself for her death.

Laying down in my bed I turned onto my side. Sniffles left my mouth. Tears down my face. I couldn't believe she's really gone. I turned to my other side letting the tears fall down my face. Soon sleep overtook me. The darkness consumed me.

The next morning I wake up to a samurai sword in a case at the foot of my bed. The letters CMQ. My mom's initials. Carman May Quinn.