Chapter 5

**Pierce's POV**

I couldn't believe I've never been in this room before. It was so mystical. Little did I know my father and mother were hiding a witch in the castle.

"Ziri, I have a question for you, my father said as we walked in."

Ziri. So the witches name was, Ziri. I didn't understand why we were here. What could my father possibly have to ask this witch? So many questions ran through my mind. I was brought out of my thoughts when she replied.

"Ah. Mr. King Flynn. It's nice to see you too. Please do come in. What can I assist you with my fearless Lord?" Her words come across sarcastic, insulting. Her eyes held a mischief glint in them. As she walked around the room, the sound of a chain dragging followed behind her. Her foot was cuffed. The chain was linked to the wall.

"Ziri, I would like you to look into the soul of my son please," My father said. Why did he want her to look into my soul? She stepped towards me and I took a step back. My father said, "it's okay son she won't harm you she knows if she does she will not live." Listening to my father I let her come to me. Shee reached for my hand, still hesitant I watched her carefully.

"Ah. Yes, I see why you wanted me to look into his soul now. He is connected to a mortal. She will cause him great pain as well he to her. She's not just mortal though she holds more secrets within her. Those I cannot see I cannot answer those questions. I cannot answer why or how. I can't see any further past that. It is all forbidden to me. I may be an all and powerful witch, but I have boundaries. There are things I can't reach nor see. Is that what you seek to hear my fearless King?"

"Just as I feared. Is there any way I could figure out why this happened? Do you know anyone I could talk to?" I do not, sorry my king. I do not know why this is a thing. It's just the way fate has set your son's path."

"Whoa, hold up. Why are you all concerned for me? She's just a mortal girl."

"Yes, indeedmortal. But, one who kills our kind for a living. For all, we know she could be after you."

"She is."

Slamming his hands on the table my father says, "Even better! Even fucking better! Just great son!" As he yells I can see the fury in his eyes. This only caused my own anger to arise. My blood boiling. "You don't understand father! I've grown attached to her! We have a bond I just know. I love her," I said barely above a whisper.

"He is right, there is a connection between them. I can feel it in him. I can feel it running through his blood I can see it in his eyes. Remember my king. Remember what position you once were in before," Ziri said to my father.

"ENOUGH! Do not bring that up!"

With that, my father walked out. Slipping his head back in, he said, "are you coming?" With that, we all followed him out of the room too scared to not listen to him. As we all rolled out he locked the door behind him. Walking back to my room I sat on my bed. The only person left with me with my father.

"You cannot be with her. You cannot love her you, cannot think of her you cannot simply be with her." "And why not? I don't understand why can't I be with her!" "Because she doesn't know you! She doesn't know who you are! She doesn't know what you are! And when she finds out she will kill you! She will kill you, she will kill me, she will kill all of us! That is what she is that is what she does. That is in her blood so I'm sorry to tell you this. But, you can not change that about her. From now till on you are forbidden to see her. You are forbidden to think of her you are forbidden from her." So much emotion was swirling inside me. I could believe what he was saying to me. I couldn't believe the worlds that were coming out of my own father's mouth. I was simply like he didn't care. "Son, Let Her Go. You will find a better suitable mate two days from now. Remember no feeling. You are to be a king a ruler. You are not allowed to feel. You are strong."

With my silence, he left. Still registering his word in my head I can't believe what he had said. But he was right. I couldn't be with her. Who she was, what she was she was made to kill me. It was in her blood. But did that stop me from thinking about her? No. I couldn't just simply forget her. The feelings I had for her. She was something to me now. I couldn't believe he was asking me to turn it all off. The feeling and thoughts. It seemed impossible. But, I understood where he was coming from. So with that, I would try for my father. I'll keep it all inside. I Wouldn't wish to be with her. I wouldn't think of her. I would try to be distant. I will try to let her go. No matter how much it hurt me. I would just keep going.

With so much going through my mind, I laid back on my bed. My arms crossed behind my head. The only noise that filled the room with the sounds of my breathing. The slow steady pace of my heartbeat. Soon enough sleep overtook me. The only night I wasn't dragged to her. My soul stayed within my body. My last thought, I would try but didn't say it had to work out. After that, I slept.