Chapter 2

**Pierce's POV**

I don't understand. I don't know why she consumes my thoughts. I don't know why I go to her. I just have to. I know that. I hate it. I hate knowing I got these feelings for her this mortal; human. The thought of it makes my blood boil. I can remember the day this all began just like it was yesterday.

~Six months before~

Sitting at my desk; running my fingers through my hair. I can't believe I'd be this bothered by Hazel leaving and betraying me. Her people. Vampires. She was among the mortals now. Where demons like me don't belong.

A soft knock on my door wakes me from my deep thoughts.

"Yes, come in." In walks my maid, Olive.

"My lord, you've received a letter." She walks overlaying the small envelope on my desk in front of me. I already know who it's from. Hazel. "Alright, thank you Olive." "Yes, my lord." As soon as she leaves I open the letter. The paper is a pale pink. The smell of roses fills my nose. I never liked pink. Disgust fills me as I imagine her and how she always wore pink. The way it clashed with her red hair.

Unfolding the letter it read,

"My dearest Pierce,
There comes a time when we have to choose a place for ourselves. I've chosen to choose a place next to Marcus and the Mortals. I know you think I've made a terrible choice. I am also well aware of my consequences if I'm caught. But, I love him and I'm willing to risk that. You can't deny love. You'll see one day.
              Best wishes, Hazel Landez."

She's right, I think she made a very terrible choice. Mortals are no threat. Weak. Why be with them when you can be with your own kind. Leaning my head back I let out a loud frustrated sigh. This is just way to much stress for a 19-year-old.

Getting up from my desk I walk over to my bed and lay down. Tucking my arms behind my head I close my eyes. At the moment I wish I could be anywhere but here. Instantly a stabbing pain pierced my chest. The feeling of my soul being ripped from my body made me scream in pain. Olive and Lance rush into my room. Worried looks wash over their faces. I could no longer see them as my sight went black. Trying to get words out of my mouth, I failed. My whole body is paralyzed. With the blink of an eye, the pain is instantly gone and I'm in a dark room. I turn towards the door and reach for the handle. My hand passes right through it. Reaching my hand towards the door, it's solid. Trying the window same thing. I'm stuck in here without a clue as to where I am. Looking out the window I see only one moon. Now knowing I'm in the Mortal world. Sitting on the bed I look over towards the alarm clock. It reads 8:36 pm.

I jump from the bed as I hear footsteps come up the stairs. I can hear a steady heartbeat. Anxiously I watch as the door is pushed open. In walks a girl in a black dress. "Why am I here?" She ignores me and continues to slip off her shoes and sit on her bed. "Tell me now you Mortal! I demand to know!" bitterness and hate drip from my words. Still unphased by my words I march over towards her to grab her. My hands just go right through her. As she lays down on her bed I let out a sigh. Walking over to the door I lean against it and slide down. Resting my harms on my knees I close my eyes. I hear a faint sniffle followed by more. The girl rolled over facing my directions her dull blue eyes filled with tears. I had the strangest desire to comfort her. Instantly burning away the feeling I ignored her weak cries.

Soon she's fast asleep leaving me alone to think. So many thought's runs through my mind. How did I get here? Why was I here? Why did I get the urge to comfort her? How do I get back home?

Looking over at the clock it read 2:35 am. I've been here for five hours. I watched the clock switch to 2:36 and the pain started up again. The same soul ripping pain. My sight going away. Then going paralyzed. And with a blink of an eye, I was back in my room.

Lance and Olive rushed to my side. Sitting up I could feel a major headache coming on. "Are you alright brother?" "My lord, what happened?" The questions kept coming from the both of them never-ending. "My lord, your soul left ur body. You were stone cold. Should I retrieve the doctor?" "Brother what did you see? Where did you go? Are you alright?"

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" You both are making my headache worse." Instantly they stepped back and stopped asking all the questions. "Now leave me to myself. I assure you I am fine." Quite 'okays' left their mouths with that they headed towards the door. They both look back at me; " Be gone with you, I'm okay." They then left the room closing the door behind them. Finally, I fell asleep consumed by the lovely darkness.