Chapter 13

*Pierce's Pov*

Still sitting in my father's room I looked at my watch Instantly rushing up as my watch read 12:13. Guest would have started arriving now. Rushing down the hall towards the ballroom I couldn't believe I sat in there for two hours thinking to myself. Slowing down as I reached the entrance I nodded to the two guards and they opened the doors. Walking down the stairs I looked at the crowd. A hundred people had to be here already and more coming through the doors. An announcer announced names as couples walked through the main entrance of the ballroom. Continuing to look over the crowd I spotted my father and mother in the center of the room talking with my aunt Clarie and uncle Samuel. Walking towards them through the crowd many said hi and congratulated me. Smiling and thanking them back I continued towards my father.

They looked at me and smiled as I walked up. "Pierce it's nice to see you. You're so grown and mature now," my uncle Sam said shaking my hand. "It's good to see you too and you as well aunt Claire." Kissing my cheek she said, "you too dear." "Boy, you have some big shoes to fill. Literally," Sam said with a chuckle patting my father's shoulder. Making us all laugh my father glared at him. "Yes, I do indeed Sam." "Dear you look very handsome," my mother said buttoning the button on my jacket. "As do you mother. Looking lovely as always" Leaning down I kissed her cheek she smiled up at me. She wore a pale green gown that matched my father's suit. "Word is you have a mate boy," Sam said grabbing a glass of champagne as a waiter walked past. "Yes it is." Showing him my hands he said, "Is she here I would like to meet her." "Sadly no I haven't gotten the chance to meet her. She hasn't showed yet. "Other word say you've got a demon slayer after you as well. I heard she's a strong one at that. Taking out an entire demon village west of here. That's impresive since she was born a human. The demons here much, much stronger than on Earth." Noding to his statment I continued the conversation. "Yes that is true as well. I'll be keeping my eyes open and alert tonight." He nodded at my words. Looking around people began to dance to the music. "Mother would you like to dance." Offering my hand to her she greatfully accepted. Beging our waltz she talked. "You'll make a fine king son as well as a mate. Your father and I have done a fine job raising you." Smiling at me and I smiled back down at her in return. "Thank you mother."

"May I have a dance?" Simling at my mother was Dawn. Nodding and smiling back she said, "yes you may dear." With that my mother stepped away and Dawn took her place. "So I here your mate hasn't arrived yet." "Yes, what you here is true." "I guess thats good for me." Nodding to her in agreement. Looking around as we danced there were many people I didn't know, but also ones that I did. In the corner I spotted Fredrick Crane, his wife Amanda and his six year old daughter. Of course they would be here.

The song had finished and Dawn stepped back. "Thank you for the dance your majesty." With that she curtsied and I bowed back to her. "It was my pleasure." Grabbing a glass of champagne from the tray of a waiter I took a sip and looked around.

There were so many people. All these people here for one perseon. Me. Snaping me out of my thoughts someone said, "That sure is a hell of a lot of people. I bet your imagining them naked aren't you. You sick bastard." I knew that voice. Looking to my right stood Justin my childhood friend. "Justin its good to see you," I said pulling him into a bro hug. "You too man. It's been forever." "It has. What has it been, six years?" "Yep we were what 14?" "Yep," I said nodding with a smiled. "So what have you been up to these past years," I asked looking at him. "Nothing really. I found my mate. Her names Jessica. We have two beautiful children, Twins. Caden and Chris. I here you've got a mate man." Nodding at his words I smiled. "Yes I do. I keep clinging to hope that she'll show up tonight." "She will man. I got a sick gut feeling." Smiling I said, "Ah, still relying on your gut feelings I see." He chuckled at my comment. "Never stopped my friend." We were interrupted by a blonded haired women calling for Justin. "That's the wife man gotta get going. You take care. Get ahold of me anytime alright?" "Alright, you too," I said as he walked away.

I always wonder what happened to Justin once I was taken to train. I didn't have anymore time to hang with him. Over time we grew apart and one day just stopped talking altogether. It made me happy knowing he found his mate and got married. With that gave life to two beautiful children. Good for him I smiled to myself. Taking another sip from my champagne I shoved my free hand into my pants pocket. So many dresses twirling around me. So many happy couples and even happier children. I didn't understand how they could be happy with these worlds running in chaos. Thinking I finally understood. It was because they were here in the castle of the king and queen. This was where they though saftey was. Being pulled from my thoughts the lady from this morning pulled me aside. "It's time for you to get changed your majesty." With that I followed her up the stairs and out of the ball room.

*Thana's pov*

To our left was the paved road that lead to the entrance of what I assumed was a ball room. Through the doors I could see many well dressed people danceing, lossing sight of the people as the doors closed I looked up to the sky. Above me the moons lit the sky with a red light.

Beding down I reached into the satchel  I pulled out a small black dress. It was the dress my mother had wore when she possesed her powers. Shredded tool made up the skirt half. A deep v neck down the front. The sleeves swooped of the shoulders in more ripped tool. Loose lace drooped around the waist which was bound by a little cresent moon positioned in the shape of the mouth of a smile. "We'll have to change. I don't have anything for you guys so you'll have to get two suits." Shifting to their human form they nodded and walked away in the woods. Stripping of the cloak, satchel, swords, and bow I undressed. Stripping off my boots and socks then pants. Followed by my tanktop and sweatshirt. I stood in the woods only left in my black underwear and bra. The black tattoos on my side arms and shoulders stood out to my bare skin. The red ones on my hand a slighty darker. I pulled the dress over my head and pulled it down. Looking at it surprised. It fit me perfectly. The deep v-neck allowed my boods to show the slightest bit. Bending down to the satchel I pulling out the head dress my mother wore I looked at it. It was small but beautiful. The same moon as on my waist sat in the middle dangling so it would rest in the center on my forehead. Black torned vines wraped around to make the crown. Little black roses appeared in various spots. Chains dangled and looped around. In the cresent moon was a red stone. It was very much indeed beautiful. Resting it on top of my head a power filled me. It felt like electricity hummed through my body. A visible black arua loomed around me. Black butterflies flew around me as if they were trapped in a bubble. Looking at my hands my nails grew longer and turned black as if I had painted them. My skin became paler and dirty looking. Grabbing a compact mirror from my bag I looked in it. My mothers traditional makeup covered my face and my eyes, they swirled an electric gold. No more red filled them. Black swirled around the edges threatening to mix with the gold.

Tossing the compact into the satchel  I began to stuff my clothes in along with my shoes. Pulling the cloak over me I stood as Chris and Anthony returned with tuxes on. Not making eye contact with them I asked, "where did you get those?" "Two guards." Chris states as he buttoned the jacket. Handing Anthony the satchel and Chris the bow I began to state the plan. "Alight. I'm one for grand entrances so we'll be going through that door," I said pointing to the main entrance. "How are we going to get passed the guards?" "Leave that to me," I said replying to Anthony's question. "You guys will follow in persurt behind me. Do not make an attack without my ok, understood?" They both nodded in agreement. "Good let's go." Walking within the tree line of tye woods I headed towards the road. "What's the plane once we get inside," Chris called behind me. "I'm a go with the flow and wing it kind of person. So to answer your question, I don't know." Stopping just on the line of trees I looked at the entrance. There were four guards. "Hand me the bow," I said to Chris. Taking four arrows from the quiver I said a chant in Latin. Instanly the arrows themself had a black aura around them. I had no Idea why I did that. The same feel like someone else was in control took me over. Nocking an arrow I let it fly. It took out the first guard. Quick taking out the last three before they could alert anyone I stepped out of the woods and onto the road. Handing the bow back to Chris I began to walk towards the entrance.