Chapter 18

*Mariska's pov*

I was woken up at the crack of dawn. I was enstructed to pack the few things I had, which wasn't much and strap them to my camel. Then I was to unpitch my tent and roll it nicely. Strapping that to the back of my camel they covered the fire with sand and we were off. I was given a lightweight black cloak. I was shocked that it didn't make me even hotter given it was black and the sun was beating down on us. Each sister had a cloak too of their color of course.

We walked in silence until Calima slowed down and contiuned beside me. "We are headed to Airadesas tomb. She is our goddess or mother. The one who gave us these gifts." "Why?" "To awaken her and restore everything to how it was before." I glint in her eyes made winder if that waa true, but I nodded my head showing her I understood. "So was the original daughter of Airadesa named Zera she was darkness as well?" "Yes, mine was Yadima she was in control of light. If you look back into your family tree you will see Airadesa as the start who gave birth to Zera and she gave birth to whomever after and so on until it leads up to you." "So do you have more than one name as well, or am I the only one with four?" "No, we all bare four names. We have the name in which we were born with mine was Lily. Then the one we had switch to one our powers were starting to form, Hannah. The one of sister who started the blood line, Yadima. And the name the sisters gave us, Calima." "Did you all do the same? None of you wanted the names provided already?" "I don't know. There was just something about starting over kinda. I don't really know. Naraia and I have been together since birth and our mothers since they were born. Ezmarilda, Isma, and Serida were together as well. Lyalya showed up about two moths ago. And you yesterday. To be honest we didnt know if you would show up. The darkness consumed your mother drawing her away from the rest. We had no Idea if she had given birth to a daughter or not. But here you are. As we travel we will help you learn to contol your gifts and not let what happened to your mother happen to you." She smiled to me as she said the last part. Thankful for her I smiled back. "My mother gave birth to three sons before having me. She did some awful things. I just dont want that to happen to me." "Understandable."

We kept walking in scilence. Calima never left my side. I could feel a connection with her. I could tell we were going to be close as she said we should be. The lightness about her birghtened the dark in me. I hoped the dark in me helped to ease the bright in her as well. I didnt want to disappoint them. I didn't want to end up like my mother.

Pulled from my thoughts I saw the rest of the sisters pull up their hoods. The only thing visable was their eyes and hands. I did the same as we entered a small village. I could feel Zera taking me over again. I knew it was her I just felt it. Everytime she took over something bad always happened. I starred at my feet as we walked. Suddenly my camel stopped and I looked up. The sisters surrounded me. As for the people they surrounded us. Mariska. A voice started whispering in my head. Don't fear. The voice suddenly vanished and a burning sensation traveled down my spine. Gritting my teeth to keep my screams in I death gripped the camel. My sisters started chanting as the piercing scream sounded off. These people though weren't effected by the sound. The chanting although did something to them. Screams left their mouths I could see one guys skin burning. One was turning to sand another seemed to dissapear into air. Them kept droping one by one. Another melted to a puddle of water, which dries up by the heat. I could see the soul leave a guys eyes. He dropped lifeless to the ground. The last guy had bursted into a ball of light. Each of my sisters had done something to prevent them from doing any harm. What I didn't understand was why they surrounded me. Why had they acted to protect me from them? Wasn't I capable of caring and protecting myself?

As we left that town everyone stayed quiet. That town was now a ghost town. No one left that I could see. We had tavel far enough were you could no longer see the ghost town in the distance. "We shall set up her for the night," said Naraia. To me she seemed like the leader of the sisters. Everyone just followed her orders. I unhooked my stuff from my camel and started setting up next to Calima. With a little help of magic my tent was sent up and my few belongings were placed inside. Walking over to Calima's tent I peeked my head in. "Calima?" "Yes come in." Her tent was so beutiful inside. Little rugs placed over the sand. Chimes and bells hung all around. Sitting down next to her I asked, "why did you guys surround me back at that village? I'm more than capable of defeanding us too." She looked me in the eyes, but turned away after a second. I knew she knew something. "I can not release that information just yet." I nodded my head at her showing I understand. "While your in here I wanted to give you something." She got up and walked to a chest. Pulling out a little pouch she sat next to me again. "Here," she said handing me the yang of the yin yang. She clippes yin around her neck. Ther was a white crystal where the dot would be on hers and a black one in mine. "The yang will help ease the dark in you as will the yin help ease the light in me. Think of it as sister charms. Whenever we're appart I'll always be with you and you with me." I smiled at her. "I like the sound if that. I've never really had a shared charm with someone. This means a lot I won't lose it." Standing up I gave her a hung. "We should be getting out to the others," She said pointing towards the door. With that I nodded and we headed towards the fire where the rest of them were.

"Tonight is the night we begin Mariska's trainning to control the powers within her. Tonight she with go withing herself and fight a war. But will she only succeed. Mariska step into the fire." I looked at her crazed she wanted me to sit in the buring fire. I'm sure my eyes were bulging from my head. "It won't hurt I promise." I gave her a look that said 'if it does Ill kill you'. Inching closer to the fire I poked my hand in. It didnt hurt. A suddle warmth washed over my hand. Taking a complete step in I sat. My clothes had completely burned of only leave my head crown. Looking at my back an ancient eyption tattoo slithered up my spine. The flames high enough to reach my neck covering the tattoos. My skin and hair untouched my its heat. It was filling me with warmth. My sisters linked hands and sat around me in a circle. As they closed there eyes and began to chant the red diamond on my crown began to glow a deep red. Their voices made my head spin. Coming and going they kept getting louder but I was calm. Louder and louder until everything went black. Had I passed out?