Chapter 8

**Anthony's POV**

I was woken up by the door slamming. Looking at the couch the girl was still there. Getting up I headed into the kitchen towards the front door. Looking down the few stairs towards the door I see my older brother Chris slipping his shoes off. "Hey, Chris. We need your help with something." Gesturing my hand for him to follow he did. As we walked into the living room I began to explain myself. "We were playing outside when we saw this girl running down the street. She was running from a bunch of vampires and all a sudden they surrounded her. These two dudes started dragging Tyler and I away. And she was all like, "NOOOO!" Then we turned around and she kept holding her ears yelling stop and fell to her knees. Then like poof she stopped. And man she looked up at us I'm pretty sure I peed a little. But anyway her eyes were pitch black. And I was like, "whoa her eyes." She looked down at a puddle and the guys dragged us away again. Behind us, there was some major butt kicking going on. There were screams and sounds of bodies dropping. It was a crazy scary man. Then like out of freaking nowhere she poofs right in front of us! Then the guys pushed us away cracking their knuckles to be scary. It didn't work. She went all ham-samitch on them! She ripped this dudes arm off and kicked his head off like in the movies! The other guy ended up catching the dudes head! That guy was all like, "Rawrrr, no you just did not!" He started running at her. She was all like, "yes I just did." They didn't actually say that. Anyway then her sword appeared from nowhere and stabbed him in the stomach. He poofed to ash and then she fell unconscious. We carried her back here and waited for you."

The entire time I explained the story I pulled out some ninja moves of my own chopping and kicking the air. "Well," before he could start an ear-wrenching screech sounded off. The girl was awake now.

**Thana's POV**

I started waking from the darkness of sleep. I can feel a giant migraine coming on swirling in my head. Instantly opening my eyes the screeching sound started. I heard groans agony and instantly close my eyes. "Who's there?" Hearing the shuffle of feet I slowly opened my eyes again. This time fighting against the screeching sound not letting it escape. I saw the two little kids again the two that I saved. Along with them was a taller boy with darker hair then the rest. "Hello, my name is Chris. This is Anthony and Tyler. Who might you be as well?" His voice was cold and rough.  "I'm Thana." My voice was scratchy from the lack of water. "Death," the Chris guy said under his breath. "Yes, death." Pausing, silence filled the room. Breaking it I said, "How did I get here? Why did you bring me here?" The little boy whose name was Anthony replied, "We brought you here after you saved us. We thought maybe we would be nice enough to let you stay here until you woke up. Now you're awake. Those were some major sick nasty moves you had out there dude. What are you?"

Not wanting to answer his questions I got up off the couch heading towards the exit. "Wait, where are you going?" The older guy started following me. "Away from you guys. All I do is cause destruction to whoever I'm around. I barely saved your two little brothers as it is." Walking out, letting the door slam behind me I walk towards my house. The guy still marched after me like he didn't know when to stop. "What are you?"

Turning around slowly I looked at him and said, "Demon Slayer. I'm a Demon Slayer. Who just so happens to be marked by a demon. So, as of right now, I have no fucking clue what I am right now." With that, I turned around and walk to my house. Only to stop in the middle of the street. I realized I forgot my sword. Turning around I said, "Chris is it?" "Yeah." "Would you mind fetching my sword from inside your house for me, please." Turning around walking back to his house he said, "I suppose." Only a minute had passed and he was back outside handing me my sword. "There you go. Be safe now." Smirking up at him I said, "Thank you and I'm not the one who has to worry about being safe around here." Looking in his eye I noticed something different swirl in them. Something not human. "Now it's my turn. What are you?" He looked away with a moment of hesitance before saying, "I'm a Werewolf. My two little brothers are the only two left of my pack. I vowed to my Alpha to protect them. With that, I owe you for saving them." "No, you owe me nothing. I refuse to accept any gift from you." Leaving him on the street I walk to my house.

As I reach my room I plop down my bed. Digging my hand around in the drawer next to my bed I find the bottle of Tylenol. Take a step towards the bathroom I drop the bottle as an antagonizing pain washed over me. Dropping to the ground all the glass in the windows burst out. It was as if someone was sucking all the air out of the room. On my hands and knees holding my throat Chris and his little brothers rush in. The tattoos on my hands burned again. The two marks on my neck stung with intense pain. Rolling me over Chris stabbed something in my leg. Instantly I could breathe again. "What did you do?" My voice came out raspy and quick. "The bond with you mate was intensifying and growing stronger. I injected a serum into you that allows your body to slow down the pain."

Taking his words in I didn't know what to think. All a sudden my blood boiled. Great anger washed over me as one person came to my mind. Pierce Flynn. None of this would be happening if this so-called heir would keep his little minions under fucking control. My life wouldn't be completely fucked up if it wasn't for him and his stupid vampires. Unbelievable hatred filled me up inside as I thought of this. Getting up I swallowed the Tylenol dry. Grabbing a bag from under my bed I pack a few clothes in it. Throwing all the stuff out of my closet I took out the back wall. Reveling a secret compartment of many knives, small handguns, gas bombs, and a bow and arrows. I started shoving some of the guns in my bag. I placed the small knives in various places around my body. In my boots, the back of my pants, and my jacket. "Where did you get all this stuff?" looking towards the kid who asked. This one had dark hair with gold tips. Tyler. "People." Grabbing the bow and quiver of arrows I placed them on my back. A small metal box was all that was left. Grabbing it from the bottom shelf I opened it. This was my life's savings. Almost ten thousand dollars. That took many double shifts and overtime to get.

Shoving the rubberband bills in my bag I zipped it up. Strapping it over my shoulder I grabbed my sword along with another and headed down the stairs. Opening the fridge I peered my head into it taking a Redbull and turkey sandwich. Turning around Chris, Anthony, and Tyler just stared at me. Looking away I walked out the door.

"Where are you going," asked Chris. Taking a bite of my sandwich I took a minute before I replied. "To kill someone." My words came out so cold with no emotion. Seven months ago if someone told me I'd be this soulless killing machine I would have laughed in their face. I would have thought there was no way I could have hurt someone let alone actually kill someone. But, here I am. I've taken over a thousand lives. Vampire lives that is. Never feeling regret for it. Not even a tick of guilt washed over me for what I did. It was what I was. What I had to do to save my people. To save the human race. I may not be human anymore but once I was. Before all this, I had a soul. My heartbeat was pure. I didn't frown all the time. I didn't wear all black with knives on me. But this was my purpose, my duty. I wasn't doing this just for myself and the human race. Part of this was doing this for my mother and father. That night she passed away they police told me the guy walked away without a scratch. The way his car looked. He should have died then and there. Part of me just knew he was a vampire. A child of the night.

¬¬¬¬¬
We're getting really deep now danggggg

I feel like I should keep making the chapters longer so ima work on that. I'm also gonna add a twist here shortly so be warned!! Ahh crazy stuff is about to happen

Buckle up the rides about to begin!!
I hope yall are enjoying it so far. Give me your advice and feedback to help me make this book better😄

Time to keep going love ya lovelies ❤😘

Vote comment share like do what you please 😜😄

XOXOXO

Alice