Chapter Forty Six.

Start from the beginning

"Ok. I'll go ahead and order our food. What would you like?"

"I'll have whatever you're getting. You have great taste in food."

Lashelle chuckled softly and nodded her head, "Alright. I'll see you in a few."

"You got it, sweetie."

They hung up with each other and Lashelle walked back into the room to grab the room service menu. She opened it and looked through it, trying to figure out what to order. She finally decided on the Huevos Rancheros with hash browns and orange juice for her mother and cinnamon French toast with chorizo breakfast potatoes and hot chocolate for herself. She grabbed the phone and dialed room service before ordering the food.

She decided to get changed into something more comfortable and relaxed. She changed into a pair of black leggings and a light pink racerback tank top. She placed her hair up into a messy bun and placed a pair of fuzzy pink socks onto her feet.

In a matter of minutes, she heard a knock come at her door. She figured it was either room service or her mother. She looked through the peephole to see who it was and it was Stassi holding her bags. Lashelle inhaled deeply and exhaled sharply before opening the door.

"Hi, mama." She greeted her.

"Hi, sweetheart." Stassi smiled and hugged her tightly, "It's so good to see you."

Lashelle was slightly hesitant, but she hugged her back.

"Come on in. Breakfast should be here any minute." Lashelle told her, taking her bags from her.

Stassi walked into the room and looked around. She was stunned at how beautiful the room was.

"Wow, this room is fantastic. And that view looks amazing." She gushed.

"Yeah, it's pretty nice. Even though I am who I am, things like this still amaze me." Lashelle replied, placing her mother's bags with her own.

"I know that feeling." Stassi chuckled and looked at her, "I wanted to thank you for inviting me here. Even though things between us haven't been the best in so long."

"It's not a problem." She nodded.

Another knock came at the door and Lashelle knew that was the food.

"That should be the food. I'll get it."

She went to go open the door and sure enough, it was room service with their food. Lashelle helped bring it into the room and thanked the woman who brought it.

"Um, there's enough space on the balcony. Would you like to go out there and eat?" Lashelle asked Stassi.

"Sure, sweetie."

The both of them took their trays and moved out onto the balcony, placing them onto the little individual tables. Stassi uncovered her food and smiled.

"My favorite." She said.

"Yeah. I know you said you'd have whatever I got, but I remember you adoring Huevos Rancheros. So I got that for you." Lashelle nodded.

"Thank you, honey."

The two of them said their grace and began to eat their breakfast.

"I know I messed up. I know that was one moment where I wouldn't win the "Mother of the Year" award. Like you, I didn't know what to do. I was angry, I was hurt, I was upset and I was so scatterbrained, I didn't know what to do next. I should've told Sandra and Theodore a while ago and your uncle Carlos tried to get me to multiple times. I don't know why I didn't listen. I honestly don't." Stassi explained sadly and looked down.