MATE: LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT Chap. 6.1

BY: JAP

Chapter Six: Part One

Recap

"I wonder how much longer Michael will be able to keep this from her. I think..." Rachel was saying.

"Keep what from me?" Oh shit.

Michael came rushing in after Kara. "She said she needed to use the restroom."

"What the hell is going on? I want some answers right now!"

*I don't know where to begin or if we should tell her now or not.*

"Start from the beginning David, and tell me everything!"

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

David's POV

*Maybe I should just tell her the truth. That way she will be on guard.*

"Why would I need to be on guard?"

"You are going to have to learn how to control that, or it will drive you crazy."

"Why can I hear your thoughts all of a sudden? What is this big secret that no one seems to think I am ready for?"

"David I really think it is time to tell Kara." Tom said to me.

"Okay, fine. Kara do you know what a Waneta Tala Orenda is?"

"A what?"

"Waneta Tala Orenda. The exact translation is Shape-shifter, wolf, magic power. We are Waneta Tala Orendas. Most werewolves don't have these powers, but there are few such as our two families that do. There is a legend about the union of two very powerful Waneta Tala Orendas. The legend says that the two will be the most powerful of our kind, but there will be many that will try to destroy them. The legend says that the couple will rule the Ohanzee Land or Shadow Land."

"What is the Shadow land, and what does any of this have to do with me?"

"The Shadow land is the world that we weres, and other such creatures exist. We can not be our true selves in the human world so we live in the shadows to protect our kind. There are many beings that make up the Shadow land: Weres, vampires, witches, wizards, warlocks, angels, demons. The list is truly endless."

"You actually think that vampires, and witches, and all of those other mythical creatures you named are real?"

"They are. Think of it this way, humans think that weres are mythical, but are you not a real living breathing being? And the reason this is all important is that we believe as do several others in the Ohanzee Land that you and Michael are the couple that the legend speaks of. If that is true which we believe it is you are both in grave danger."

"Why do you think that it is us?"

"When you were born a seer saw the union, as well as the great powers you and your future mate would both possess. When you were only a year old your parents and I secretly met. The same seer had seen the same vision when Michael was born. We decided to keep you separated from one another because according to the legend your special gifts would not develop until you were of mating age. We did not want you to mate before you were able to properly protect yourselves from the forces that mean you harm. You met briefly as children. The pull was two strong. You both have a mark shaped like a moon on your forearms from that brief encounter. You were destined to be before you were even born."

"Why was this kept from me? I am assuming that Michael already knew."

"We did not want to chance you seeking him out. Wen you are together you can be tracked by those that wish to harm you. Michael was only told when he he came of age last year. Your parents, and I had agreed to wait to reunite you once you finished school, but they feared that you were falling in love with a young man in New York so we moved the meeting up."

"You said that both sets of parents would have to be Waneta Tala Orendas, but neither of my parents are. I would know if they were. Right mom and dad?"

"Well honey we had to keep everything a secret. We made up the story about why we stayed away from the pack. We never used our gifts around any of you kids to protect you from this as long as we could." Jade said in response to Kara question.

Kara's POV

This was way too much for me to take in. It explained a lot, but it was still too much. I thought it was weird enough being a werewolf, but to find out that I am a special type of were. Then apparently I have to worry about my mate and I being murdered. I can hear everyone's thoughts and....Wait I can't hear anyone's thoughts anymore. I haven't since David started explaining everything to me.

"Not that I am complaining, but why can't I hear any of your thoughts anymore."

"We're blocking you." Dad said simply.

"How do you do that? Can I block you as well?"

"We just close our minds off from you. You can block our thoughts very easily because it is a part of your gift. You just concentrate on not hearing our thoughts and you won't." Mom said.

"Can we practice that? Can you guys open your thoughts back up, and let me try to close you off."

"Sure honey."

*She is taking this surprisingly well. I thought she would freak out.*

"Michael I am not going to freak out on you."

"Honey," Mom said. "Focus on not hearing us."

"Right."

*You must focus honey.* I didn't hear anything else after that. "Are you guys thinking? I don't hear anything."

"That's because you are blocking us honey."

Okay good. Now that, that is taken care of I need to get something else straighten out. I turned to Michael. "Why do I feel as if I must do whatever you say?"

"Well to be honest I don't really know how to answer that. I was wondering the same thing myself."

We both turned to look at David, sure that he knew the answer. "Michael mind control is one of your gifts."

"What!"

"What!"

Michael and I said this at the exact same time.

"Dad why didn't you tell me?"

"Michael your gifts did not start to develop until today. There is no way of knowing what gifts a Waneta Tala Orendas will develop before they are mated. Waneta Tala Orendas normally inherit gifts from both parents, but also develop other gifts. For example right now the only gifts that have manifested themselves for the both of you are gifts you inherited from your mothers."

"So mom can control peoples minds too?"

"Yes, but honey we can do much more than that. We can put ideas into peoples minds, and they will believe that they are their own ideas. We can force a person to sleep with our minds as well. We can......"

"I hate to interrupt, but I think I am on information overload. Can we take a break or something. I feel as if my brain is about to explode." I said to room at large.

"Of course honey," Rachel said to me. "You and Michael can go up to your room and put you a bag together for tonight while your mom and I get dinner started."

"Sounds like a plan." With that Michael and I headed up stairs to get my bag together for the night.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Okay what do you think? I know it was a lot to take in. Please read, comment, and vote.