Chapter 2: In Our Town

Start from the beginning

The Main Seven looked shocked as they were all looking at Starlight, and they were giving each other strange looks, not believing what they were seeing. Sunset broke the silence by speaking up, "Forgive my bluntness, but you're Starlight Glimmer?" She put her hand out to Starlight, gesturing for her to reply back to her.

"Yes," Starlight shot Sunset a odd look. "But calling me 'Starlight' is fine."

Sunset was confused, trying to piece together her bits of information. 'This is Starlight Glimmer? But... I'm pretty sure I've had the feeling that I've met her before.' She thought back some more, 'Wait...it was back when she crossed through the portal, and helped us when Juniper trapped us in that magical mirror.' She recalled a flashback of when the human Starlight was defeating Juniper Montage.

Her eyes widened as she snapped back to reality, 'This must be the human Starlight of this world. That means I better keep an eye on her.'

Starlight changed the subject, "So! How did you hear of our little village?"

Sunset started speaking, "It's kind of a long story. Let's just say we found it on a map in a cave."

Pinkie interrupted, "Technically, it's a cave-chest-castle-map."

"Well, however you found us, we're happy to have you! We're happy to have anybody who wants to experience true friendship for the first time." Starlight said, excitedly.

"Say what?" Applejack said.

"Oh, indeed. That's what's unique about our village, you see. Around here, we don't flaunt our special talents because we don't have any special talents to flaunt." Starlight said.

"Is that why you have all of those marks?" Sunset asked.

Starlight began walking, "Perhaps it would be easier to understand, if I gave you a tour of the village." She continued, and went outside, "Heads high, people! Marching proud! All together now! Everyone of you! No one left behind!"

[Starlight Glimmer]
Life is so grand in our town
  We're always filled with cheer

We never have to look around
To know that we're all here

[Citizens]
In our town, in our town
We don't have to wait to
find out that our destiny is just to emulate

"Let's see those big, happy smiles!" Starlight exclaimed.

[Starlight Glimmer]
 Life is a smile in our town

Our mark's the same
Because we do not separate
ourselves by more than name

[Citizens]
In our town, in our town
We dare not compete
Winning only breeds the worst
Ego-filled conceit

"You see? Now everybody wins!" Said Starlight.

[Starlight Glimmer]
Life is a joy in our town

We're all equal here
No one is superior
And no one shakes in fear

[Citizens]
  In our town, in our town

We work as a team
You can't have a nightmare
If you never dream

[Starlight Glimmer]
Other people argue
Do you ever wonder why?
When you think your talent's special
You don't see eye to eye

There's just too many differences
That lead to disarray
But when you learn to act as one
It's like a holiday

[Citizens]
In our town, in our town
We don't complicate
When you learn to simplify
Life is oh, so great

Join in our utopia
Come out of the dark
Banded by equality!
By our mark

Rainbow Dash laughed, "You're kidding, right? Give up our marks? No way!"

"Rainbow Dash, don't be so rude." Fluttershy said. "I don't think we should judge them. They all seem perfectly happy with their choice."

"Don't believe their smiles, Fluttershy," Pinkie Pie said.

"I'm sorry, I guess we're just a little confused by all of this." Sci-Twi apologized.

"We have no judgments here in our village. Each of us was confused once as well, blinded by the false promise of our marks." Starlight Glimmer said.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Is she for real?" Rainbow was talking about what Starlight had said.

"When we were sent to this village, we assumed it was to help in some way." Sunset Shimmer said, clearing up the idea on why they were all there at the village. "But, well, it doesn't seem like you need any help."

Starlight gave out a suggestion, "Have you considered perhaps that you might have been sent here, so we could help you? After all, no one has ever come to our village and wanted to leave. Why should you be any different? But that is entirely your choice." She said, giving out her opinion. "Please enjoy our little corner of Earth. We're all quiet fond of it. No doubt, you will be as well."

She looked at Double Diamond. "Double Diamond, please help our guests with whatever they might need."

"Of course," said Double Diamond.

________
I know I said I would publish this book when I would complete it but I am tired of having this in my drafts. And so I didn't want to accidentally lose the draft chapters of this story so I published it so I wouldn't lose my progress.

   This story is probably gonna have slow updates as well :3