The rest of the day is just a blur. Time really flies. We snap photos, play random card games, fool around in the back yard, and really just have fun, laughing and joking around. We each read each other a chapter from the book we bet on reading. It wasn't to painful. Just a little "cheesy" as Reid would say, but I couldn't blame him. Romantic stories are not something we admire, why we're putting ourselves through this? No idea.

It was almost 5:30 the next time I checked the time. My phone died and so I stole Reid's charger. Gladly, we both have Samsung. It was a bit colder out now and I didn't want to wear my shorts. I also did not want to encounter my mother. Ugh.

"Can I use your phone?" I ask him.

"Uh, yeah. Why?"

"I want to call my house to see if my mom is home but she'll recognise my number."

He looks confused but hands me his phone nonetheless. I dial my home number and wait for someone to pick up.

"Hello?" Came a man's voice.

"Hi, Bill. It's me."

"Cor-?" He started to say.

"Shhh. Is my mom home?" I ask hoping he doesn't rat me out.

"Yeah but we're leaving soon to go to dinner. Me, your mother and Kate." I let out a sigh of relief.

"Why?" He asks.

"When are you leaving?" I ignore his question.

"Like 5 minutes. Why?" He asks impatient.

"I need to go home for a minute." I explain at last.

"Do you want us to wait-"

"No!" I shout. "I mean, no." I say quieter. "Just get mom out of the house."

He sighs, knowing he's taking my side. Yes! That's one less adult I need to worry about. We say bye and I give Reid back his phone.

"I'm gonna go home for a minute and change and stuff. I'll be back." I smile at him and he throws me his keys. Still completely amazed he let me drive his car, I walk over to his side and to his greatest surprise and to mine as well, I give him a little kiss on the cheek, then skip out of the room leaving him looking totally shocked. It was hilarious. I laugh at my strangeness and start Reid's car, again, driving as slowly and carefully as possible. I cautiously approach my house, and make sure the car is gone before I pull in.

The house is empty when I walk in. Thankfully they took Katie with them this time. I run up to my room, shower, change into sweat pants and a t-shirt, shove a bunch of random stuff into a bag and all that stuff. I'm one of the slowest people in the world so I take about 30 minutes of walking around the house, mostly looking for my phone charger. Deciding that I'm pushing mt luck staying here so long, I run out the door and start Reid's car. I slowly make it back to his place and when I open the house door the smell of something cooking fills the air. In the kitchen I see table set, candles lit, and just to add affect, the kitchen light on dimmer. Oh, and Reid standing there smiling as I walk in. I smile at him and he laughs.

"What are you doing?" I ask, laughing with him.

"I made dinner." He says, leading me to my chair.

"Why?" I ask, sitting down.

"I, uhm, don't know." He smiles shyly. "I hope you like it." He places a plate in front of me, that had salad, steak and potatoes. How he did all this while I was gone? No idea. I must have taken longer than I thought. I try the steak and have to admit he was a pretty good cook.

"The food is good but were the candles necessary?" I ask as he sit down.

"Sure." He smiles. "Why not?" I don't even have to think about it.