Shopping With Paul!(Chapter 18)

Paul's hands stop me from crashing completely into him. He holds me up even though our faces are just inches away. I shift my body trying to get off of him before anything embarrassing happens. Paul winces as I move so I look down and see my knee pressing onto his stomach.

I pull away and roll to the opposite side of the bed as Paul pulls himself up into a sitting position. "Sorry," I say as Paul turns and looks at me. He glances at me then down at my stomach. I feel my stomach grumble in hunger. I get embarrassed when Paul gets up and motions for me to follow him.

When we get to the kitchen, Paul scrambles through cabinets and the fridge. He comes back empty handed. "Want to go late night grocery shopping?" he asks reaching over and grabbing his keys off the counter.

"Sure," I answer as I run and get on my shoes. Paul laces up his shoes and comes outside with me. We jump into his car and drive to the grocery store even though it is late at night.

When we get there, I ask, "what do we need?" Paul stands, with the shopping cart in the middle of an aisle, thinking his mind off. He turns and looks me directly in the eye.

"I have no clue. Why don't we just go through every aisle known to demand?" He states as he walks off in a random direction. I run to catch up but see him standing in the middle protein aisle. He is looking at the shelves grabbing something and looking at it before he puts in cart.

"Why are you buying Mrs. H's protein gram crackers?" I ask grabbing a random idem from Paul's cart. He snatches it back, giving me a little glare.

"I like them. Also I'm trying to eat healthy," he states before he goes back to looking at the shelves. I look down at his cart and see nothing, absolutely nothing that isn't unhealthy.

I sigh. "Come on you can break eating healthy for a meal or two," I say looking at him. I glances back up at me for a moment before he goes back. But that moment has my heart melting.

"I do eat unhealthy every once and a while," he says grabbing a box off the shelf. But before he can put it in the cart, I grab the cart and run with it down the aisle.

I don't look back while I run but I hear Paul coming after me. Once I feel as if I picked up enough wind, I jump up on the cart. I glide down the aisle and see I am about to hit shelf so I drop down one foot and make a wide turn into the next aisle.

It's the bread aisle. I see some healthy and unhealthy bread. I also see some pizza dough. I think back to the last time I made pizza, which was years ago. I grab the dough and jog through the aisles looking for pasta sauce, cheese, and anything else I like on my pizza.

While I stand in front of the pasta sauces, I feel a hand tap my shoulder. I turn around and see Paul looking down at me. "Yes?" I ask sweetly looking up at him.

He sighs and looks over at the cart. Inside the cart is some meals that are easy to make and somewhat healthy. But his eyes mostly stay on the pizza dough. "Really?" he asks hold up a box of spaghetti.

"Yes," I say grabbing the box and putting it in. "If I am going to live with you rent free, I should do something. Like cleaning or cooking," I continue. I grab a sauce that seems like it would be good. It's cheap which is also nice.

"Fine," Paul sighs with his hands held up in surrender. "But don't buy anymore food. This is going to last us a month and I don't know if my fridge can handle all this." I smile and push the cart to the check out lane.

Once Paul checks out we head home and unpack the bags. I pull out the things that I plan to put on the pizza after the fridge is full. "Well, Paul, I say we should get started on this pizza," I state smiling my face off.

*Greetings! Comment what you like on your pizza so I can add it in. Also I'm sorry for the cliff hanger in the last chapter. Okay so the new updating schedule is Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. I will update before the five o'clock hour (that is in Pacific Standard Time). I am no longer uploading two chapters. Only one since I am going to be bombarded with school. Also if anyone would like to read snippets of my life they are welcome to in my new book Living the Life of Thief_Gothal. Thanks for reading!*