Meeting New Peeps(Chapter 7)

You are clutching the ice pack to your nose as Connor comes in with food. They must have been coming back after getting some. As soon as the food is on the table Paul pulls out some food. You notice that Paul is splitting the few things that he has in half. Connor just lunges at his food and gobbles it down.

You close your eyes as the ice pack numbs your nose. Something repeatedly taps your hand. You open one eye and look down at your hand. You see a very pale hand tapping you. You look up at Paul and see that he is nodding for you to look down in front of you. You look down and see that half of Paul's food is in front of you.

"Thank you," you say to Paul as you smile at him. He just nod his head and goes at his food in a very smooth manner. You do you best to stay as calm as possible as you eat. You barely had enough money to buy any food when you were out on the streets so most nights you went hungry.

As you savor the taste a short guy with a super thick beard sits down at the table. He has a plate with some thing on it that doesn't even look edible. But it must be because have of it is already gone.

"Heya, Mike," Connor says as he looks down at his phone. Mike just lifts a hand and continues to eat. You finish your food and feel the sickening feeling of a stomach cramp.

"Um, Paul, do you know where the bathroom is?" you ask. You tap your foot impatiently as you wait. Paul looks at you and tells you that it is right down the hallway on right. You excuse yourself and place your ice pack on a napkin as you walk casually toward the bathroom.

When you walk into the bathroom, you see your reflection in the mirror. You look awful. Your hair is disheveled, your face is somewhat covered in blood, your eyes look tired, and it looks as if you are so weak that a single feather could make you fall over.

You use the restroom and notice that your period is late this month. You never know when it will strike though so you put a pad on, as you wash your hands you hear voices from outside.

"Who is she?" Mike asks as you put on soap.

Connor says, "she is the girl who got shot in the eye."

Mike asks another question. "Why is she covered in blood?"

"A guy was trying to harm her," Connor replies. By now you are rinsing your hands and splashing water on your face. You at yourself in the mirror and see that you have most of the blood off of your face.

As soon as you walk back out, Mike and Connor stop speaking. You sit back down and just sit still in an awkward way. You can't take the silence anymore so you do your best to say that you must go. "I gotta go. Thank you very much for your generosity," you say as you get up to leave.

Once you exit you begin to walk in a random direction. Suddenly you footsteps behind you. You turn around ready to scream the second you see someone. You find your breath caught in your throat as you realize who is behind you. Paul stands there with both of his hands in his pockets.

"Yes, Paul?" you ask as Paul just stares at you.

"How 'bout I take you home?" Paul says nodding toward his car.

You shake your head and and state, "I would prefer to walk."

"Then can I walk you home?" Paul asks as he raises an eyebrow. You try not to blush as you think about how much warmer it just became.

You shake your head again. "I'm sorry but you can't."

"Why?" That one word makes you head spin in circles. It makes your mind wonder what you can reply back with.

*Hello, hello. I just want to say that some intriguing news is coming next chapter and that you are going to be learning a lot about your past in this story. Feel free to request something and thanks for reading!