Forty Six | A Small Walk...More Like A Long One

Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard.
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come. 

William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

—•—

Veronica

Water dripped to the ground as we carried on walking through the tunnel, the torches shone pathways, we had no idea where we would end up; but at least we would be able to get out.

"So you haven' told us about yourself?" Aidan said trying to make some kind of conversation with us

I questioned them, "What do you want to know?"

"Family, friend. Relationship." Aidian asked coughing out the last bit.

I gave a small laugh before speaking. "I have an older brother and two younger twin sisters. My best friend is called Ross and I have a boyfriend." I heard a little sign from Ryder behind me; ignoring it, we carried on walking.

"Too bad, Ryder started liking you." I looked down, not wanting to say anything. Aidan was very blunt.

"Why'd you have to tell her?" He scowled out.

"You weren't going to and now you know she's taken." They shouted back and forth.

"Guys," They ignored me, before I shouted back. "Guys, shut up; someone's coming." I scowled to them.

Aidan ran to one end, whilst I and Ryder went to the other side, going behind some barrels. We heard the guards walk past; did anybody else know they were dead? I had ditched the suit when we had left the ladder, taking the key card and anything else I could find. Aidan went out of his hiding spot first, he checked around before turning back to us, that's when I heard something knock him unconscience. I pulled Ryder back done, so he sat next to us. We heard movement as if they were dragging him back. I peeked over the barrels seeing his legs being dragged by the guards. We both walked out of our hiding place. I took his torch, seeing Ryder tense.

"They'll take him back to the place; we'll get out of here and then get everybody else out."  reassured him, leaving my hand on his shoulder.

I went first, walking through the cobwebs and  letting the torch find some way of getting out.

"Your boyfriend, then, is he an angel." Ryder asked.

"Yep, he's being made by the arch angels to protect me for a year." I told him.

"He clearly isn't doing a good job." He muttered under his breath. Even though I did agree; it wasn't his fault.

"He was a fallen angel and when this year passes he'll be an angel again...probably leaving me." I confessed. I had spent nights thinking of what would happen after the year; would I never see him? Or would he only come if I truly needed him. Or would he be banned from coming down to Earth.

I let a tear slip, wiping it away, with the grim shirt I was wearing. "How old are you anyway?" I asked changing the conversation.

"16." He had been here for 11 years,  I couldn't even last a day. I hated Montgomery for injecting me. I would have to tell Micheal and ask if he knew who he was. He seemed powerful, taking Georgia under his wing. "You."

"15." I told him, not turning around. I didn't even feel tired or hungry. The injection I had had, had clearly worked. My iron levels must be over the roof.

"I think we only have a little bit left." We carried on walking, until I felt a wooden door. I pushed at it. Until Ryder interfered running into the door.

I felt the cool crisp air hit my face. We were outside next to an abandoned building. I read a sign saying Washington 10 miles away. "We're near Washington." I told him.

We walked around the building until I heard something come from an old warehouse, half of it was coming off, I walked around it whilst Ryder slowly followed, clearly tired. I carried on walking around it. The door jammed, walking past it. Until feeling someone's breath fan my neck. My hair was falling out, as I felt a hand move it away.

I turned around seeing Tyler's grey eyes, filled with happiness and joy. I instantly hugged him.

"I missed you so much."

"Don't ever leave my side." He whispered hugging her closer. The hug was tight, nothing could break it away. Apart from Michael.

"Michael." Even if I did find Michael scary, I hugged him, which he repelled back and gave a small hug. I saw Ryder come closer, as he still looked tired.

"This is Ryder, he helped me get out." I told them all, seeing Jophiel, Uriel and Rafael all come out.

I saw Tyler's jaw clench a little.

"Hi." He said restless.

"Can we go? I have a lot to tell you." I told them. Jophiel gladly took Ryder. Whilst I held Tyler's cold hand.

We arrived at Tyler's apartment. "You can go shower, Tyler, give him some of your clothes." Jophiel ordered. Tyler reluctantly following Ryder.

I sat down, with Michael following. "Do you know someone called Montgomery Delington?"I asked.

"A greater demon, he's been in hiding for 12 years now." Michael told me.

"He kidnapped me, with the help of Georgia. He has a whole building, filled with teenagers, kids, even babies. He's been injecting them with fallen angel blood." I paused as Tyler walked in, leaning against a wall. "Did you know that I got kidnapped when I was 3?" I queried.

"Michael!" I shouted out.

"Yes we knew, and we also know about what Montgomery did to you." He confessed.

"You knew and didn't bother telling me." I shouted again.

"We wanted to tell you, but we couldn't." He said.

"Why?"

"We got told that you didn't need to know." Jophiel answered.

"Of course I needed to know that I had got injected with angel blood." I shouted again. "Did you know?" I said looking at Tyler.

He stayed silent. "Oh wow!" I signed out.

"Veronica." Tyler said.

"No, I need some time. Can I go home? Let Ryder stay him." I told them.

"I'll take y.." Jophiel was about to say, when Tyler grasped my sleeve.

—•— 

Hey guys, ooo secrets being unveiled. Hope you like the part.

//Michael or Jophiel?//

Ria