Twenty Two | Asclepius

In me thou see'st the twilight of such day,
As after sunset fadeth in the west;
Which by and by black night doth take away,
Death's second self, that seals up all in rest.
In me thou see'st the glowing of such fire,
That on the ashes of his youth doth lie,
As the death-bed whereon it must expire,
Consum'd with that which it was nourish'd by.
This thou perceiv'st, which makes thy love more strong,
To love that well which thou must leave ere long.
William Shakespeare, Sonnet 73

—•—

Veronica

She nodded his head. "Who sent you?" I asked patiently.

"Tyler, he's in trouble." I groaned a bit, as I was super hungry. But if Tyler was in trouble maybe I should go. Wow! I'm starting to act like him now, gagging.

The woman's face was calm and she wasn't touching the ground kinda freaky!

I grabbed my coat and found a massive packet of crisps lying about, which I started eating and called out to my parents.

"Mom, dad, I just remembered that my friend Amanda wanted me to come to this party of her's." I shouted.

"You're grounded remember." I mentally scowled.

"Please it'll be an hour and then I'll be back." I promised.

"Ok, but you have one hour." My mother warned. Ross and Justin were still confused.

"So sorry guys." I shrugged at them.

I closed the door, and took Gabriel's sleeve, where I arrived at Tyler's apartment.

I could see him lying on the sofa, his head sweaty, his shirt took off as I saw a blue substance glow throughout his body. Braylinn hovered over him. The neon blue was tracing down his whole body; I saw his broad shoulders jolting up and down in pain. Beads of sweat dropped down to his torso. The blue traveled through his cheats tracing his abs. He was glowing, and sweaty. His blonde hair was wet and sticking to the back of his neck. I saw a hard distinctive v line on his torso. He made me melt inside. If only his personality was the same. Too bad!

"What happened?" I asked. Michael was sitting on a chair quietly talking to Jophiel.

"Poisoned." Was all Braylinn said to me.

I gave a little gasp. Why would anyone want to poison him?

"Will he get better?" I asked. I wanted him to get better, I needed him to get better.

"Not with you hovering around him." I quickly stood back, Gabriel had vanished, the sparkles of gold and brown fluttering down, I knelt down about to touch the substance but quickly heard Michael, making me jolt back from my squat position:

"Better to not touch that." He warned.

"Who poisoned him?" I queried.

"More like what!"

I groaned. "What poisoned him?"

"No man could get a good stab to inject the blue liquid in him, vampires wouldn't be able to, he was in a werewolf bar." Michael rambled on.