Forty Four | Montgomery Who?

"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead."
Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack

—•—

Veronica

"You know, you are my greatest achievement." He lavished out as we passed windows, he stood still, his grip tightened on the banister near the window, he looked out; as I followed seeing babies in cribs with a syringe attached to the cots.

"What are you doing to them?" I said, letting my hand drop onto the window.

"What I did to you." He paused facing my still face. "But better." He said looking at me.

"What did you do to me?" I coughed out.

"I injected you with blood, blood from a fallen angel." He told me. "I have been trying to inject everybody here, but they haven't been successful, some have died and some have rejected the blood and bled it out. I decided to start at a young age, but the children did the same. Their's something about your blood that has allowed you to accept the blood of an angel." He told me.

"When did you do all this?" I said in disgust.

"Did your parents not tell you? Of course they wouldn't it was a hard moment for them both and the boy as well."

"Tell me, " I snarled out.

"I took you when you were 3, the angels had caught on and burned the building I had been residing in, I had to give you back to your parents. I left you on your parents doorstep. I come in your dreams sometimes," he confessed out.

"You took me." I shouted to him, I let my fists tighten, I needed to get out of this place now. If the angels had found him before maybe they could find him now; and I could finally get out with everyone else. They had clearly been kidnapped as well.

"Take her now." He gestured to a tall man, who grabbed my hand, he would probably take me to my room.

I got lead past my room seeing the stains on the wall, to another hall. With seats, it was like a real school, they had lessons, Maths, English, death, Science. I saw Ryder and Aidan sitting on the side, their was a row between the girls and boys. Instead of sitting next to the girls, I sat next to Ryder on the line.

"It's like you want to get punished." Ryder whispered out.

"Bite me." I scowled out, after finding out that a mad demon had kidnapped me and my parents not bothering to tell me. I was annoyed!

"When and where?" He said with a grin.

"Shut up." I scowled again.

"I need help getting out of here." I whispered again as I saw me walk in. Standing guard around the area.

"I won't help. I hardly know you and we could die." He whispered back.

"We won't as soon as we're outside this building, my friends will be able to track me." I told him.

"I do have a way, but I can't."

"Please, you must have a family, those five years you lived without being here, your parents." I said startling him.

"Come to room 5 at 10pm tonight, we'll be getting out tonight." I nodded, before paying attention to what was happening, I saw as people started scrambling out the door. We then all get sent to our rooms. "You'll have to find a way of getting their though."

"I have a way." I smiled letting my plan commence in my mind. Maybe Montgomery did help somehow with my intellect.

I scurried to mine, as the door clicked shut. I was now locked in, and had no way of getting out. At least I had a plan.

I started ripping at the bed sheets up in the bathroom knowing nobody could be able to see me;  it was ripped up into long stripes, I started tying it up, seeing clothes laying on the side, I got changed into the white jeans and long sleeved shirt. Now to make my move.

At sharply 9:20, I banged on the door hoping for someone to open up. I heard a sign outside, getting the bottle of perfume that I had left. I waited until he clicked the door open walking in.  He went into the bathroom checking inside, I smashed it on his head away from the camera. Kicking him back. They really should be stronger. I took the mask off seeing a skull hit the floor. They where human, dead inside of mechanical bodies. I quickly wore the black suit and mask. Leaving the scene.

I walked around, I wanted to get someone out of here, I finally found Lola's room. She was sitting on her bed, looking at her fingers. I walked in, putting the key card in.

"Lola it's me, Veronica." I whispered out, getting the lipstick and covering the camera. "We have time, I want to get you out of here." I whispered to her.

"No, don't do it. I don't want to go. Let me stay here." She snarled out. Montgomery had gotten into his brain. Someone had at least.

"But I want to help you find your family." I whispered again.

"Family." She said in disgust. "My family would rather commit suicide then look after me, Mr Delington will help us. He'll even help you." She said smiling. I felt sorry for her now.

"Lola we don't have time, we'll find someone for you." I protested to her grabbing her arm.

"Let me go." She shouted.

"Ok stay." I shouted back, locking the door behind me. She would rather spend her time here in this hell whole. I couldn't relate to having parents who didn't care about me. They did.

I walked normally closing the door until finding the door room 5. I opened it with the key card which finally allowed me to see Ryder and Aidan sitting on the floor.

"We'll come don't kill us." Aidan said frightened.

"It's fine, it's just me." I said taking the helmet off.

"Thank god." Aidan said.

"Now how do we get out of this place?" I asked.

"Their's a tunnel under this building that will lead us outside. If your friends can track you then you can go home." Ryder said finally looking at Aidan. "We all can."

"Come on then." I smiled to them both as I saw them open a shaft with a ladder going down. Aidan went first, before I finally followed as Ryder closed the light and the tunnel door, Aidan passed a torch to myself, and Ryder.

"Where'd you even get torches from?" I questioned.

"Stole it when we were snooping through the demons stuff." Aidan smiled out.

In a few hours I would be able to see Justin and Ross and especially Tyler.

—•—

Hey guys, so in my last chapter I didn't do an authors note, because I had forgotten to do one so this is an authors note for the last chapter as well. Hoped you liked them both.

Lots of secrets being unveiled. Also Ryder and Aidan both having a tough past. Also the babies being injected made me shrivel up inside. Babies are adorable and all I can think about now is babies have a needle stuck in their arm.

//Ryder or Aidan?//

Ria