Ten | Prize For The Biggest Loser Goes To Ross

"Terror made me cruel"
Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights

—•—

Veronica

I walked into my last period before I had to go to basketball practice again. It was Physical Education, meaning two hours of either doing sports or watching sports.

I was a lazy child, Chrissy and Justin always loved basketball, whilst Sam and I only thought about food. Total opposites. Even if we were related, food was the main priority, right now I was lacking the food I needed.

I trued scavenging through my bag, as I walked backwards into the changing rooms, I saw some people coming out knowing they'd be late and Mr Winston would give them a detention, lucky I had a note.

I found no food and quickly got changed as my stomach constantly growled at me like a lion.

"Hungry." I heard someone say, I turned around being faced by Amanda.

"Starving." I laughed out.

"Here." She scrambled through her bag, passing me an energy bar.

"Thanks." She threw it at me and I quickly caught it, tipping the wrapper off, taking a bite of it.

Amanda had left and I walked out, onto where the class were running. I hated running, I gave my note to the teacher and he made me run extra for being late, even though it wasn't my fault that I got an allergic reaction.

I started running, which looked more like a slow walk.

"What happened?" I felt someone whisper in my ear. The persons hot breath fanning the back of my neck.

"Nothing." I turned around to meet the grey eyed boy. His tall stature bringing a little bit of intimidation.

"You needed an EpiPen, what happened?" He grabbed my shoulder, so I couldn't get out of his grasp.

"I'm allergic to something." I paused.

"Too what!" He asked still grasping my arm.

"Ibuprofen." I said.

"How'd that get in your food?" He questioned.

"I thought you knew." I said pointing the finger to him.

"You think I did it." He said taken a back.

"Who else?" I crossed my arms. "You've been following me for the last three days and you're a creep, I wouldn't be surprised if you knew about my allergy."

"Well, I didn't know, and I'm supposed to protect you not hurt you."

"Protect me." I repeated.

"Listen, someone may have done it on purpose." His grip becoming less tighter.

"No, I must have just accidentally took the wrong medication at break." I told him.

"Go check then." He said letting go of my hand and walking away,

"I will." I said talking to a figure that just walked away.