Prologue

Tyler

"Angel." The word dripping off my tongue as if it was so uncommon to hear the word I had been associated with.

Michael, a brunette angel who had come every day since my wings had been tattered and torn a part, his own white wings embroidered with gold and silver, all across the feathers. His charcoal eyes having specks of gold flaring throughout his eyes. Each gold speck revolving around a black circle.

"Yes, Angel." Michael repeated.

"You realise after we fall there's no going back, I'm never going to be an Angel." My eyes widening again, I got of the tattered chair and put my legs down, off the chipped table.

"You ask to many questions, any fallen angel would jump at the opportunity." Michael wasn't going to tell me, he stood crossing his arms. He wore all black as if it wasn't boiling in the apartment.

I opened a window, feeling the breeze instantly hit my bare arms. My blonde hair rising up and down as the wind was overpowering each strand. Even after living for a year in the barron desert landscape of Texas, the heat would always be on my mind. How the weather up there could suffice to our own needs, thinking about it more was helping my decision come to closing.

"Tyler, I need a decision, you have to choose."

I turned back around, grinning like a boy finally getting the Christmas present he has always wanted.

"Why are you grinning?" He muttered in annoyance.

"Because I'm finally getting my wings back, Michael." Michael's face looked smug, as if he was getting rewarded for getting me to make the right decision.

"Well, let's get started then." He clicked his fingers making us arrive to where my wings were ripped to shreds. Hell seemed better than this place.

A lot, lot better.