Thirty Two | Nightmares

"I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be."
Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

—•—

Veronica

I woke up, feeling an agonising pain in my abdominal. "Woah, stay down." I heard a man say. He had spitting red hair, it was the lanky guy I had seen at Hillside's. he had the same features and was clearly an archangel, he had the eyes and hair and I could see a trail of red flames surrounding his body.

"I'm the archangel Raffael." I looked into his eyes seeing the spits of red flames attack at the darkness. He had intoxicating eyes.

"Where's Tyler?" I asked in pain. I laid my head down, wanting to just have no pain. But the pain carried on overtaking most of my sore body.

"He went to find Aurora." Raffael told me. Focusing on health and wellbeing rather then what Tyler was doing. He looked annoyed when he said anything associated to Tyler. Tyler had probably done something. I had to ask him what it was next time I see him.

"You need rest, when you wake up, take this." He left a bottle of tablets on the bedside table. I let my eyes flutter down allowing sleep to take over me.

I remembered it all, being in my own mind, seeing the replica of myself, I remembered it all. I remembered the pain and then the stab. I didn't dare touch it, I lay sleeping, feeling the pain go through my body. It was agonising. I remembered feeling dead as if I didn't exist. Slumping down not feeling real. All I saw was Tyler run to me as I toppled to the ground.

"Tyler." I whispered out, I was sticky and felt nauseous. My hair sweaty away from my face luckily. I opened my eyes, seeing his blonde hair and grey eyes stare deeply into my sore ones

"You're fine now, you're with me." He told me as I grasped his hand, his hand was cold but felt comforting.

"Tyler." I shouted this time, feeling the pain of my abdominal. "Tablets." I gestured to the bottle on the bedside table.

He passed me two tablets and I swallowed them without any water, the pain went down, but movement made me feel sore.

"Veronica, you need to rest." I wanted to know what had happened. I could rest later.

"No, please tell me what happened?" I pleaded out.

"Aurora got out of your body and disappeared, we got Uriel to find her, but something was blocking her location, Michael erased everybody's memories of what happened and I went to your house telling your parents you were with Amanda." He recited the day for her.

"My parents." I repeated, my voice sore and dry.

"Yeah, I met the twins as well." He told me, I could imagine him getting confused at seeing them both.

"Chrissy has dark brown eyes." I told him. Seeing if he knew the difference.

"Their both cute." He confessed to me.

"Yes and a bit weird." I told him.

"Weirder then you, the girl who collects Shakespeare's plays." He nodded out.

"Well..." I trailed off before giving a mighty cough, I felt tried again, but I wanted to talk.

"I think you should get some more rest." He was about to stand up, but I grasped tighter onto his hand.

"I can't go back to sleep, I'll remember it all. " I confessed out.

"I'll stay with you." He told me, sitting back down.

"Lie next to me, please." I shuffled left allowing him to lay next to me. He took his jacket off that had clearly been the one Aurora had made me wear.

"Why is Raffael angry at you?" I queried.

"He's annoyed that I didn't come to help him, when he was healing these wolves." Tyler stated out.

I nodded remembering the kiss that had happened between Aurora and Tyler, it may have not actually happened, but the implication that she wanted to kiss Tyler made me angry, I wasn't going to waste my kiss, on someone I didn't even have feelings for. I had a friendship feeling not a love attraction one.

"Can we forget that Aurora nearly kissed you?" I said in the silence, we both looked up to the ceiling, I turned to my side, so that the side I got stabbed was facing away from away from me.

"Sure." He twirled a bit of my hair in his hand, I lay silently until I fell fast asleep, Tyler's arms wrapped around my body, making sure he didn't hurt me, my hand rested against his chest and I could hear him say some poetry of lustful love and sorrow sadness.

I was happy, I dreamt about the first time I met Tyler and how freaked out I was. I liked spending time with him, even talking about Shakespeare, I felt a connection, I couldn't say that I liked him in a way that we could be together, that feeling hadn't come; I just wanted to be friends, really good friends. Ryan had asked me out, when it happened, I had felt over the moon, now I just feel like it won't work. That the emotion I used to have for him, got swept away when Tyler came into my life.

I dreamt of dancing with Ryan at the banquet but it changed to Tyler. I just hoped nothing would ruin the day. That nothing would happen which would lead to me nearly dying again.

I had felt dead. So dead. As dead as a doornail. It felt as if everything around me was breaking, that my emotions, feelings, sense was breaking up into tiny bits of dust until it got swept away. I felt as if I was in a world were I was falling deeper into an endless pit of hell and darkness. I felt alone!

It was the worst moments of my life. Nothing could ever compare to feel like a nobody. I felt alone surrounded by billions of people. They cared...but not for me.

—•—

Hey Panda's, I got bored so double update today, which I had originally planned anyway. Hope you liked the part. Back to Veronica's point of view. Do you guys like the change in views.

//First app you downloaded when you got your first phone?//

Ria x