Forty Two | Banquet

Some people sit at life' banquet table while others serve them
Bangambiki Habyarimana, Pearls Of Eternity

—•—

Veronica

"Black like your soul." Justin told me, as I walked down the stairs.

"You got that right." I smiled, as I grasped his arm.

Talking and singing throughout the car journey had always been a recurring thing between Justin and I. We walked in, seeing our parents talking to the Mayor probably about politics. Justin went to his friends and I saw Chrissy and Sam playing with some other kids, they both wore a red sparkly dress with a bow, their hair in French braids. They looked adorable.

"Told you, you looked sexy." I heard Tyler whispered in my ear.

I turned around seeing him in a black suit matching me, he had a bow tie and his normal messy hair was slicked back, dashing as ever.

"I supposed to tell you, Uriel looked at Aurora's ashes and found out that she had been dead before we found her." He told me, placing a bit of hair behind my ear.

"Someone had been using her body." He continued.

"We still have no leads." I signed out.

"I know, Michael says he has a plan, but to said not to worry about it, want to dance." He asked.

"Sure." I took his warm hands in my cold ones, he placed his hands on my torso, whilst I did the same to his neck. We moved in sync as Ed Sheeran came on. I let my head rest on his chest. Dancing with him, made me feel as if we were the only two people in the room, that nobody else mattered in the room. He twirled me around his finger allowing me to fall into his chest.

"Veronica." I heard my mother shout out. Tyler let go, moving his hand to my own as we both went to my parents.

"Yes." I asked her.

"You're the boy who came to us last week." Tyler nodded not knowing what to say.

"Are you and my daughter dating?" She queried. We still hadn't DTR'd the relationship, so it was complicated.

"It's complicated mum." I told her.

"How old are you?" She questioned.

He definitely did not look 15, he could just pull of 16. It was confusing as he was older than both my parents but he definitely couldn't say that.

"16." He smiled out.

"Oh." What else could she say? "Lucas." She called for my dad. Wow! Tyler's grip had tightened as my dad walked closer and closer.

"Steph." He smiled out, their relationship was so weird.

"This is Tyler, Veronica's ..." she didn't know what to call him.

"Boyfriend." I interrupted, Tyler's grip tightened even more. Probably very confused. I mouthed a sorry as my parents weren't looking.

"Boyfriend, Veronica Kendall Canderbury, how long has this been for?" My dad queried.

"Two days." I whispered out.