Chapter 19|Talk, Dark & Handsome

Word Count: 1115
Picture of Darrell

Kira POV

Rebecca and I were in the car, after Matt walked out things didn't seem to go anywhere after I found out about Naomi.

I'm not scared, doctors told me growing up being blind I could become special.  The world has adapted to the fact there are special gift that some children are born with, but not allot of people can handle or accept regardless of the fact they knew they exited.   I never was gifted, it wasn't anything bad too be honest even though my home enviornment was shit if i was "gifted" it probably would've been allot worst.

But you could tell the family was shaken by the fact she was coming home, in a way I felt offended but my heart couldn't place a true reason why.   That was when I realized Rebecca's date never came to dinmer.

"Your date never came?" I asked Rebecca as we stopped at a red light.

"I texted him saying that we'd go on a date after my family dinner because things got crazy way too quickly and I didn't want him to walk in on that" she answered with a sad smile

"I understand, I still wish I knew who told Cecilia about me and Matt" I said laying my head against the window

"I did" Rebecca said, there was guilt in her voice and her body was tense...I bet she thought I'd hate her.

"I'm not mad, he deserved it" I said and I saw her relax

"I just wanted him to wake up and see what hes missing out, I saw how he looked at you Kira there is no way I could miss what he's too stupid too see"  I nodded in agreement

"He doesn't want to feel anything towards me yet he doesn't realize it wont work, for whatever reason we are stuck together" I said and I knew she understood, I spent so long trying to convince myself I didn't need him, that I didn't feel anything for him...but I couldn't. I cared to much and he kept stomping on it like i didn't matter.

"I hope he grows up one day" Rebecca said, I noticed her phone going off...she looked over quickly and pulled over to the side of the road it looked like somebody was trying to face time her.  She quickly answered.

"Darrell? Why are you calling me?" she asked in what I assumed to be a flirty tone, I chuckled and she glared at me.   I got one look at the guy on her phone screen....shit he was tall, dark and holy shit.  I may have feeling for Matt but I got to admire the catch my bestie got her hands on.

"Sorry princess, I can't make it to our date and it honestly killed me since I saw how god amazing sexy you are in that dress" his voice was deep like velvet and I saw the effect it had on her.

"Awee why??" Rebecca whinned in this almost childlike voice, it was honestly the cutest thing I've ever saw in my life and I saw the smirk on who i assumed to Darrells lips.

"Its my ma" he said and her eyes widened

"Is she okay?" asked Rebecca, she seemed to be very worried

"They said she slipped back into a coma, so i have to go sign papers for her surgury" Darrell said you could tell the impact it had on him,

"I'm driving there and you can't say no" Rebecca said putting him onto the dashboard attachment so she could talk to him while driving so she didn't have to touch her phone.

"Princess I'll be okay" he said, she glared at him

"I'm coming thats final" she said, but that was the exact moment I realized there was car driving right towards rebecca side, but towards the back more and it wasn't stopping...that was also the moment I realized that this car was goung to hit us...and it was on purpose.  The last thing I remember was screaming

"WATCH OUT!" the panicked look on rebeccas eyes, and the voice of Darrel through the phone as the car hit the side, then the car was tumbling and things were flying.  We were jolting around and i felt my head bash against the window, then everything was still.

"Baby! Rebecca!" yelled darrel I could see him upside down.

"Save her!" i managed to scream

"Who is that!" said Darrell

"Kira...her best friend!" i croaked crying, Rebecca didn't look okay.

"Omg is she okay" he yelled through the phone

"I don't know" I said, then I heard the dark footsteps, coming towards my side of the car

"Kira whats wrong!" yelled Darrell he probably could hear my panic attack

"Somebody coming for me! They hit us on purpouse! Make sure you take care of Rebecca!" I screamed, as somebody pulled me out of the car

"Rebecca! Kira!" yelled Darrell,  all i could do was scream as I was pulled by my hair towards another car and thrown into the trunk deja vu hit me like a truck as the thick smell of gasoline hit my lungs.  This time they wanted me hurt, this time it wasn't me being auctioned....no this time as I saw the disgusting trunk that I laid in body bruised and bleeding while my best friend was hurt far away where I should've been.

I realized I was being kidnapped.
They tried to kill me.

But it wasn't that, that got my blood cold it was the girl laying behind me her facial futures identical to the man I tried to get to love me.  She opened her eyes, looking straight at me even though she couldn't hear the panic in my breathing she smiled...in all the madness she had a wide toothy grin.

"Hi Kira, My name is Naomi it's nice to finally meet you I've heard so much about you from my friends" she said and I felt my skin go cold.

"Hi" I whispered, but she looked directly at my lips and smirked.

"Were going to have so much fun" she said, i knew she couldn't hear. I knew she was having fun,  I knew this had something to do with Matt and his wrongs.

But how did she know who I was?

"How?" the word escaped my lips, and she caught it with her eyes.

"Your daddy has told me so much about you" She whispered and I felt my eyes roll back into my head as darkness took over me.

Vote & Comment your thoughts!

Tata for now my kitties ❤😸