Chapter 12

NOT EDITED!!!!

Nikki's POV
Finding the pack doctor was like an unending game of hide and seek. Except I found the one from the middle of the night this morning. (Does that make sense? Cuz it was like 2 am so it was morning but they were sleeping so... night time. I don't know.) After locating Clara in the pack house library, black dots started blocking my vision. I quickly explained my situation through my tightly clenched teeth trying to ignore my excruciating head ache.

"Oh dear!" Clara exclaimed. "Follow me" she told me as she started power walking towards her office. Once we arrived, she opened a cupboard and grabbed some morphine. "Now, this will pinch just a bit" Clara stated as she injected it into my system. "It won't work fully or for long, and judging from the face you're making, we need to go outside... Now." She grabbed my wrist and started dragging me out into the woods. I let her lead me because I was in so much pain I just shut my eyes and used my ears to help myself from falling over on porch steps and such. I heard my mother ask if it was happening and Clara must have nodded because all of a sudden she was rushing along with us. The pain was getting overwhelming and I wiped away an escaped tear. I opened my eyes so I could see where we were going.

~Nate?~ I mindlinked barely above a whisper.

~Nikki? What's wrong?!~ Nate answered on edge.

~It's happening and I feel like I'm exploding. It's a million times worse than my first shift.~

~Where are you?~

~Clara and my mom are taking me out into the woods. We went left after we got out of the house.~

~On my way.~

When my mom, Clara and I reached a desired spot, they gently laid me on the ground. I heard an approaching pair of footsteps which I realized was Nate. He quickly knelt down brushed my purple hair out of my face sending faint sparks through my body. I couldn't hold it in any longer and just started bawling from the pain. I'm not even a cute crier either. Pure. Disgusting. Trying to lessen the pain, I curled up in a ball, my back facing Nate. He placed one hand on my upper arm and started rubbing it soothingly. The sparks, now a little more noticeable, helped alleviate the pain but only a smidge. With the thought that a little is better than nothing, I forced myself out of my fetal position and sat on Nate's lap. He was a little surprised to say the least, especially when I through my arms around him and snuggled my face into his chest. The pain was a little bit better, but I didn't feel on the verge of death anymore.

When my bones started to shatter though, that's when I lost it again. I wasn't sure why I would be shifting forms when I am supposedly getting the entire cat species forced into my body. Nate cautiously set me on the ground because he knew once I shifted I could tear him to shreds by being too close. The pain multiplied until I finally blacked out.

When I finally woke up, I was still in the woods. Tingling sparks ran down the side of my rib cage. I jumped up, a little disoriented because I forgot I had four feet instead of two. I looked over to see Nate sitting on the ground. I faced him and sat down. My mom and Clara weren't around so I figured they went back to the pack house. I looked down at my paws to see black instead of the usual white. I concentrated on talking to my inner cat. All of a sudden there was dozens of voices in my head. My eyes shot open in surprise the same time I was standing on all fours. I looked back at Nate who was staring at me with a curious expression.

I willed myself to change back. It was harder than I was used to because all of the cats wanted to go for a run. I knew that if I were to give in then I would surely die of exhaustion. After making sure my clothes were still there after I had my opposable thumbs back, I stood up and ran to Nate. I kept running and jumped into a tackle hug. I snuggled my face into the crook of his neck and inhaled. He smelled like comfort. And for all of those who don't know what comfort smells like, it smells like pineish woodsy with a hint of fresh rainfall, and also a great cologne. Right then, I knew he was my mate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If there are any mistakes inline comment on them. If there are any POV you want done just do an inline comment on the point of view letters and I will work on it. I will try to update more now that school is out!