Chapter 10

A/N ~ PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY ERRORS!!! I HAVE YET TO EDIT THIS WHOLE STORY!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NATES POV

'I can't help but feel different around Nikki; but there's no tingles whenever we touch, no signs whatsoever of us being mates.' I thought to myself as I carried Nikki up to her now finished room in the pack house. I set her down on her bed and pulled the covers over her body. 'She's perfect in every possible way! How is she not my mate?!' I thought. I sighed and headed off to my room down the hall from Nikki's. I quickly got ready for bed and hopped into bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out.

I awoke around 2:36 am to the sound of whimpering. I immediately recognized it as Nikki and threw my covers off of myself. I ran to her room to see what was wrong. I softly, but quickly opened the door to see that she was curled in a ball clutching her head with her sheets thrown off. I jogged up to her and noticed she was covered in sweat. I gently shook her to wake her up, but she didn't. I tried a couple more times before shaking her harder. She jerked up into a sitting position with her legs in a v and her hands behind her holder herself up and looked at me. She winced and drew her legs up to her body and held her head again.
"Nikki? What's wrong?" I asked
"My head feels like it's exploding!" She replied forcibly through clenched teeth. I mind liked the pack doctor on duty and told her to get here as quick as she could.

A couple minutes later the pack doctor rushed in and took in the scene at hand.
"Nikki I am about to give you a shot, this will dull the pain you're in." She said. Nikki simply nodded stiffly. The nurse, Clara, quickly injected the pain killer into Nikki and it started to work immediately. Nikki let out a breath that she seemed to be holding.
"Thank you." Nikki told Clara.
Clara nodded and began "I believe this has to do with the special gene. I know it's still a day early, but there is no other logical explanation."
"Yeah. That makes sense." Nikki said. "I'm just gunna, ya know, sleep for a while. Exploding head is not the most delightful feeling to wake up to. Nor is it energizing."
"Alright," I said. "Mind link or holler if you need anything or if your headache comes back or anything at all." I told Nikki.
She laughed sleepily, "Okay Nate, get some sleep."
With that, Clara and I departed back to our inviting beds.

A/N: I know it's short af, but I suck at updating and you all probably hate me.
IF THERE IS ANY ERRORS WITH ANYTHING USE THE NEW COMMENT THING (where you can highlight the text and comment on the specific words and such)
BTW I typed this on my iphone so it's more unedited than normal. Don't kill me 😰