Chapter 4

"I can't believe that we're actually doing this!!!" I yelled as my mom and I walked into the woods.
"You're the one who said it would be cool. Plus, I think it would be nice to have a whole pack of wolves to protect us against hunters or other wolves instead of just us." She replied.
"I guess that is true." I said. I heard the pounding of paws. I brushed my moms arm with the back of my hand and pointed to the above tree. She shifted and ran towards the trunk while I jumped with all my might up to the lowest branch. Which may I add was not low. I jumped up a couple more since they were pretty close together now. My mom was on the branch above me back in human form. In an instant the wolves were right under our tree. They were sniffing the ground, then looked up at us. One was brown, one was grey, and the last one was a sandy color. They started to growl.
"Are you in Nate's pack?" I asked. They looked taken aback but nodded slightly. "Boarder patrol?" I asked in a bored tone. Another nod. "Okay well I need you to mind link him and say we are on our way. We are joining the pack! Tell him it's Nikki!" The brown one in front looked like he was having a mental conversation. He turned and walked a few steps then looked back and looked at us expectantly. We hopped out of the tree and advanced toward them. The grey and sandy ones took off in the opposite direction obviously to finish the patrol. My mom and I followed the brown one all the way to the pack house. When we arrived I saw Nate coming out of the pack house.
"NATE!!" I yelled.
"Hey Nikki" he replied. I felt strangely comfortable with him even though he was a smelly dog. My mom and I followed him back into his dads office.
"Pssssst Nate!" I whispered.
"Psst Nikki!" He whispered back.
"Psssst what's your last name?" I asked.
"Psst Daniels" he replied.
"Pssst okey dokey" I said.
By now we were in his dads office and he heard our whole conversation. He chuckled and introduced himself to my mom.
"Hello Ms.  my name is Owen Daniels, but you can call me Owen." He introduced.
"Nice to finally meet you! My name is Miranda Silver but you can call me Mandy" my mom introduced. "My daughter here said that you were allowing us to join your pack?"
"Why yes of course! We would have a pack meeting tomorrow and initiate you two into our pack. Your daughter is a white Bengal tiger as she has shown us. Are you also?" Mr. Daniels asked.
"No, I can shift into a lioness." My mom answered.
"That's interesting. With werewolves it's just hair color and alpha or beta genes." Mr. Daniels said. I looked at my mom. We had a silent conversation with our eyes. She nodded and started to speak.
"Owen."
"Yes?" He asked.
"My mother had this gene and I am not sure if my daughter has it but it was that her cat could morph itself into any other feline. Even though she had this gene it didn't mean she had two mates or some crap like that. Werecats have a dream on their 18th birthday of who their mate is. We don't get the tingly feelings or any of that until after that. If she does have this gene that means that she will be even more valuable than a normal werecat and that she will be hunted even more seriously." My mom told. Mr. Daniels leaned forwards and laced his fingers together and rested his chin onto his hands.
"When will we know if she has this gene?" He asked.
"A week before her birthday. So in a few weeks." My mom answered.

A/N ..Sorry I took so long to update! I could come up with excuses but I really was just lazy. I just have so many stories idk what one to pull down and what one to continue so yeah.
Vote and whatever.
K bye.