21 (part 2)

Schools about to start back up next week so the second book won't update as much as I and you, may want it too. But I'm going to try an update that book every Wednesday and Saturday.

Vanessa

I groaned as my eyes fluttered open just to see pure darkness.

There was a gag in my mouth preventing me from speaking. My arms and legs were tied down to the chair I was currently sitting in and I could make out a tall figure in the corner.

"Your boyfriend should be here soon," I froze. I began to struggle to escape.

"Theres no point in trying to escape," Marcus said as he walked out from the shadows. I still couldn't see his face though.

He then turned on a small light that dangled above us.

The sound of a cars engine made me nervous, I knew who was here. "Ah, their here," he sang with an evil smirk on his ugly face.

He took out a knife as the car engine went off and doors opened and shut.

"Be quiet, he's right inside," Xavier said from outside the door.

"We should've brought backup," Cameron murmered. "Oh shut it, we've got to save her. It'll be easy," Jackson said.

Then they walked in to see me and Marcus.

Xavier had anger in his eyes. Jackson and Cameron looked equally as pissed.

"Good you could finally join us," Marcus grinned from ear to ear, "now you can watch her die in a painfully slow manner," the 3 of them held guns up, pointing it at Marcus.

As Marcus held the knife to my throat.

I glared up at him.

I began to move but immediately stopped when he pressed the cold metal of the knife into my skin, drawing blood.

"Marcus," Xavier warned. "If you even attempt to shoot me, I will not hesitate to end her life," Marcus said, completely serious.

I wanted to yell so many profanities at him but the gag was preventing me from doing so while I couldn't attack him considering I was tied down.

Marcus removed the knife as he walked closer to the other 3.

Then I remembered their was a pocket knife in my pocket. I reached my hand back and grabbed it. I opened it with ease as I began to cut through the rope as he began to talk to the three.

Once I got my hands done, Marcus turned around. I cut the gag off and spat it at Marcus who stared at me wide eyed.

Men came out of nowhere and grabbed Xavier, Jackson, and Cameron. Forcing them to drop their guns.

As I man came at me I stuck the knife into his heart and as I pulled it out he fell, eyes wide and blood pooling out of his chest in waves, staining the carpeted floor.

Marcus was yelling at his men as I quickly cut off the ropes that were around my ankles.

I stood up just as Xavier killed the last of his men.

"You really are a dumbass, aren't you?," I grinned from ear to ear at Marcus as he stared at the 4 of us in horror, but he quickly masked it with a large smirk, that made me absolutely confused.

Was he that fucking bonkers?

"Why are you smirking?," I asked, causisly.

He shrugged, "just because I ment for this to happen," I rolled my eyes with a humorless chuckle.

"So you did?," I cocked an eyebrow at him as I walked forwards a couple steps.

He just nodded.

"And what is your plan now?," I asked, "since you 'planned this'," I held my hands up and made quotation marks when I said 'planned this'.

He threw his knife, not at me.

But at Xavier. It landed below his heart.

Everyone froze as he began coughing and fell to his knees. The only thing keeping him from bleeding out was the knife.

"K-ki-kill that f-f-fu-fucking bas-bastard, ba-baby girl," Xavier croaked as he fell. His eyes held so much pain, I wanted to break down in tears right then and there.

All I could see was red. "Marcus?," I asked, my voice lacked emotion, he looked at me, "wrong move."

His eyes widened when I punched him straight in the jaw. His head snapped to the side with a painful pop that made me cringe internally, knowing what damage I had done.

He yelled in pain. A sadistic smirk spread across my face.

"Jackson, Cameron, get Xavier to the closest hospital. I'll take care of him," I ordered them.

"Be careful," Cameron called. "Just don't die?," Jackson said as more of a question like he was debating if what he was saying, he wanted.

Marcus lunged at me. I side stepped as I stuck my foot out, causing him to stumble into he chair I was strapped in.

"No promises," I whispered. Marcus stood up and turned around. He threw a punch to my jaw and a kick to my knee cap.

My legs locked as I toppled to the floor.

He stomped on my back making me scream in pain. When he stepped back I rolled over and kicked him in the shin, making him groan in pain and pick his leg up, then I tripped him.

We both stood up, both in our fighting stances.

"One of us will leave here alive while the other will be in a garbage bag," Macus said.

"I won't let you have the luxury of being in a garbage bag, I'll just feed you too whatever beast will eat shit," I replied smoothly.

Marcus' face twisted up in anger as he did a sloppy punch that I easily dodged. I punched him in the gut, full force, getting a clean shot when he wasn't paying attention.

He gasped for air as he stumbled backwards.

I then grabbed his head amd slammed it into my knee, blood spewed from his nose, covering my knee and thigh. He yelled in pain as he doubled over.

But just to finish it off, I kicked him in the nuts. He then fell over.

But what I didn't expect was to hear cop cars outside.

My eyes widened as I ran to the backdoor, but when I opened it, the cops were there too.

"Shit," I mumbled as one tried to grab me, and succeeded. I struggled to escape.

"Stop! Anything you say can and will be used in a court of law," the officer shouted at me.

"Say it not spray it," I grumbled under my breath as the cop pushed me agaisnt the car and cuffed my wrists together, a little to tight for my liking.

I was to weak to even fight back as he shoved me in the back of the police car.

3rd person pov

Vanessa was sent to the police station where she was sentenced life in prison.

While Xavier was saved but in a coma.

Vanessa of course called Jackson and told him, who easily got her out of jail.

After 4 months of prison that is. Xavier was still in a coma when she went to see him. Vanessa almost broke down in tears at his state.

He was pale, hooked up to many machines and a large bandage on his chest. She didn't leave his side, once she took a shower at her house because of being at the prison and who would shower at a hospital unless it was completely necessary?

Xavier stayed in a coma for 3 more months. 7 months in all.

But, the thing that they didn't know was that Vanessa hadn't killed Marcus.

He was only in jail for 20 years.

.....

One more chapter before the epilogue!