10

Xavier's pov
I paced and paced. You could hear the shouting of doctors in her room but you couldn't see anything since every window was blocked off.

Dylan sat with a blank face. Sam was on the phone. Jackson and Cameron were talking. And Brandon and Zack were talking in hushed voices.

The shouting stopped and was replaced with a constant beeping noise. The door opened and all the doctors and surgeons piled out.

A woman doctor came up to us. "Whose family of Vanessa?," she asked. "We're friends, she doesn't have any family left," I said.

"Alright. Well we managed to save her. She will be asleep for maybe another hour. She'll need to stay here till tomorrow night most likely," she said then left.

I sighed. Everyone released a breath.

"She's alive," I whispered.

I walked over to her door.

Dylan followed.

"Where you going?," Zack asked him. "I'm going to see Vanessa. My girlfriend obviously," Dylan scoffed.

Their dating!?!

I groaned aloud. I walked in and sat down in a chair beside her bed.
...

An hour passed and as the doctor said, she woke up.

She looked around. "Fuck," she groans when she tried to move.

She looked at me and rose and eyebrow then looked at Dylan and smiled.

"Your okay," he breathed out. Smiling, but something about him, didn't seem right. I sure as hell don't like him already. His smile didn't reach his eyes. And his smile held mischief behind it. I could tell.

"Yeah, of course I am. I was just shot, lost a lot of blood. Almost died, but I'm okay," she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm. Dylan looked confused but in his eyes he looked pissed.

"I'm not okay," she whispered.

Dylan smiled softly at her, "well how can I make you be okay?"

I mentally gagged when they began kissing. I stood up abruptly and stormed out of the room.

I went up to Zack and Brandon.

"What are you not telling Vanessa?," I asked them camly. They acted confused.

I looked at Jackson, Cameron, and Sam. I nodded. They all stood up and followed me outside while I grabbed Zack and Brandon and dragged them with.

I threw them to the ground.

"What are you not telling Vanessa!?," I barked out.

"We can't say!," Zack shouted. "Dylan'll kill us," Brandon said.

I bent down to eye level with their sitting figures. "Your going to answer my yes or no questions by nodding or shaking your head. It will not be the exact question, just ones that will get me somewhere. Understood?," I asked them deadly calm. They nodded once.

"Does Dylan own a gang or some type of group?," they nodded. "Do they want to hurt her?," they nodded again. "Is there a reason?," I asked. They nod. "Is it a recent issue?," I asked. They shook their heads.

"Is Dylan your boss?," they nodded. "Does Dylan actually care for Vanessa?," they hesitated but shook their heads.

"Is there a plan?," they nodded. "Is it going into action soon?," they nodded. "Were you two forced to do this?," they nodded.

"Now this doesn't have much to do about my question. But I need you two to answer me in complete sentences now," they nodded once again.

"Brandon, is Vanessa an old friend of you guys'?," I asked him. "Yeah, we've known her since we were little," Brandon answered me. "Why does Dylan want to do this?," I asked. Zack answered me, "Vanessa just disappeared one day. Dylan was furious. That's when he started his gang. No one knows what his face looks like except for us," my eyes widened.

"The 6th gang?," I asked. They nodded, "do you guys want to help save Vanessa, but not let Dylan find out?," they nodded eagerly.

I looked up at the 3 and smirked evily. They looked shocked.

"Don't tell Vanessa about this. She won't believe us," I told them all. "I could try," Sam suggested. "Or I could," Cameron said.

"We'll see."

Vanessa's pov

Dylan pulled away and smiled brightly at me. "The doctor said you could leave tomorrow, and I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date then?," he asked me.

I smiled and nodded happily, "I'd love to," he pecked my lips.

I looked past him to see Xavier standing outside the door a look of disgust written all over his face.

"Hey could you get Xavier for me and let us talk alone?," I asked Dylan.

He looked hesitant but nodded none the less.

He went and got Xavier. They talked for a moment before Dylan left and Xavier walked in.

"Hey," I smiled at him. He smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. "What's wrong?," I asked him.

"Nothing," he said, "now why did you want to talk to me?"

"I wanted to know what was wrong. I could tell just by the way you looked when you were in here and outside," I said. "How observant you are of me but still, your so blind," he laughed humorlessly.

"What do you mean?," I asked. "Look at lover boy in the eyes when he smiles or says he loves you or something sweet. And tell me what you see," then he left.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Dylan walked in, he glared at Xavier as he walked by, something I had never noticed.

He looked at me and smiled. I looked into his eyes, his smile didn't reach his eyes. Something evil was held in them. And I realized his smile was not a caring smile but one of mischief.

He came over to me and pecked my lips. Then he sat down in the seat beside my bed. When he got a phone call he took it.

"Hello?," he asked. I heard a bit of the other side of the call, "boss, when's the plan starting...?," I pretended like I couldn't here it. "Tomorrow night," then he hung up.

Thats the night of our date.
.....

Hours passed and visiting hours were over. The doctor came in and she recovered my wound. "You'll be able to leave tomorrow afternoon, it sees your healing faster than I had thought," she smiled then left.

As I was about to fall asleep the door to my room opened. I looked up to see Xavier.

"Why are you here?," I croaked.

He smiled at me, I looked into his eyes, it was a true smile.

"I wanted to know what you saw," he said as he walked over to my bed side.

"The smile didn't reach his eyes, they held an evil glint. His smile wasn't true but one of mischief. And when he got a phone call someone on the other line called him boss and asked when the 'plan' should begin. And he said tomorrow night, which is when our date was suppose to be," I told Xavier
His eyes widened.

"And I can leave tomorrow afternoon is what my doctor said," I added. "I'll get you out of here and I will tell you everything then. Don't tell Dylan, try to get rid of him so I can take you, okay?," he asked me. A look of concern crossed his features. "Okay," I nodded.

He smiled then pressed a kiss to my forehead and left without another word.

I fell asleep thinking about what was happening? Why was I so clueless from the start? Whats this 'plan' he talked about? And why am I starting to like Xavier?

Boom