"Yeah, tomorrow's 33 weeks," Harry says, half-mumbling to himself. "Anyways," he changes the subject as soon as the look of sympathy crosses Liam's face. "It's quite warm in here, mate, what's with the jacket?" Harry laughs, poking fun at Liam's need to have on a million layers at once.

"I am suddenly feeling quite hot," Liam jokes, alluding to their awkward conversation. He unzips his jacket and Harry's heart drops.

Liam's wearing his shirt. Harry's shirt. Harry's shirt that he gave to Louis. Harry's shirt that he gave to Louis because he loved it so much. Harry's shirt that he gave to Louis because he loved it so much and that Louis gave to Liam. Harry's shirt that he gave to Louis because he loved it so much and that Louis gave to Liam because Louis hates Harry.

Harry wants to cry again, but he forces the tears back in and gives Liam the fakest smile he's ever given anyone. He knows Liam can tell it's forced. "Alright, well, I just," Harry stutters. "I need to get going," he mumbles inaudibly and begins to spin around on his heels.

"Harry," Liam says, placing his hand on Harry's shoulder before he can turn completely. "I'm really sorry, um, about Lou. You really did make him happy."

Harry knows Liam's trying to console him, but that's just not what Harry wants or needs to hear. He wants to hear that they never would have worked, that Louis was miserable with him, that he couldn't have ever felt the same way Harry did. But Liam tells him that Harry made him happy, and nothing makes sense.

"Just not enough," Harry replies, voice void of any emotion without making eye contact.

He quickly moves so that Liam is no longer touching him and walks swiftly away before Liam can say anything else. He has no idea where his groceries have gone, but he doesn't have them, and he really just wants to get out of there, so he leaves empty handed.

///

Liam knocks at Louis's door after grocery shopping for him while Louis soaks his feet to pamper himself and his swollen ankles. Louis yells for him to come in.

They say the usual hello's before Louis asks him how the grocery store was.

"Speaking of that," Liam begins slightly nervously. "I, uh, ran into Harry at the shop," he tries to say nonchalantly.

Louis freezes and doesn't look up from his spot on the couch. He tries to act like the mention of Harry doesn't phase him. "Oh yeah?"

Liam nods and stays silent for a moment. Louis prays that the conversation is over. "He asked about you," Liam says, shattering Louis's hopes.

"Liam, I don't want to hear about it," Louis says sternly, keeping his focus on the television in front of him.

"He really misses you," Liam presses.

"Liam-" Louis starts, turning around and becoming slightly annoyed.

"I think you should at least call him and explain why you broke his heart. Doesn't he deserve that?" Liam interrupts, supporting his weight with his hands on Louis's countertop.

"Liam, I don't-"

"He's a good person, Lou, and he thinks that he did something terrible to you," Liam sighs.

Louis scoffs. "He did."

"Did he?" Liam pushes. "He somehow found out that you used his sperm, got scared, and didn't tell you. You didn't even want to know who the father was in the first place, so he was probably terrified of wrecking your relationship by telling you."

"He wrecked it anyways," Louis says as he manages to push himself up from his couch, grabbing his belly in the process.

"Louis, you're the one who walked away." Liam shakes his head.

"He pushed me out!" Louis exclaims, becoming more worked up than he needs to be.

It's Liam's turn to scoff. "Louis, all that boy did was love you."

"He never loved me," Louis says coldly with his eyes squinted and arms folded across his round tummy.

"Are you kidding me, Lou?" Liam asks incredulously. "He was so head over heels for you. He would have moved mountains for you. Still would, probably."

"Shut up, Liam," Louis seethes, his voice like ice.

"He deserves an explanation," Liam finishes, his voice still soft.

"Thanks for the groceries. I'm going to my room. You can see yourself out." Louis rolls his eyes as he dries his feet and carefully pushes himself off of his couch, gripping his tummy with one hand and the couch with the other and waddles his way down the hall to his bedroom, shutting the door with a tad bit more force than usual.

A/N: ok so I wrote this like the day after Harry's album came out, and From the Dining Table 100% inspired this chapter bc what a fuckin' BOP

anyways, I'm still not sure whether there's going to be 1 or 2 more chapters bc I have the last one written already and I could just post it, or I could write one in-between the two but idk, it depends on how I feel.

I might just combine the 2 bc the one i'm thinking about writing is kind of irrelevant

idk we'll see !!

Q: how do you guys feel about this fic ending?? I'm kind of sad tbh :///

thanks for reading !!!