Twenty-Six

"What?" Niall and Naila collectively screech at Harry's anxious face.

"Louis's baby is my baby," Harry admits again. He still can't believe what he knows. He doesn't understand how out of thousands upon thousands of donors Louis could have chosen, he chose Harry's. Especially knowing how pregnant Louis is, because he would have had to choose Harry's sperm within a few days of him donating. Harry gasps and claps his hand against his mouth. "I saw him at the clinic," he exclaims in a whisper. "He was there the day I donated."

"Why are you whispering?" Naila whispers back, leaning in and mocking Harry.

"How do you even know it's yours?" Niall asks with wide eyes and a hand in his hair.

"I was helping him do some paperwork for his doctor's appointment, and I saw a copy of his donor's application, and it was my donor application," he says frantically, pointing a finger at himself.

"You never asked him about the donor? Ever?" Niall asks and Harry shakes his head.

"I didn't really want to know much about the bloke who knocked up my boyfriend. Little did I know, it was me," Harry laughs, almost maniacally, his nerves getting the better of him as he tries not to rip out his hair. Saying that only made him a little nauseous this time though. He's getting better.

"Oh my god," Naila says incredulously. "So you're, like, a dad now?"

"I mean-," Harry sighs heavily, standing up and pacing around his old living room. "I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" Niall laughs, crossing his arms and leaning back on his couch.

"Stop laughing," Harry whines, stomping his foot. "This is serious."

"What did Louis say when you told him?" Niall asks, trying to be more serious for the sake of his friend's sanity. Niall, of course, doesn't understand why it's such a big deal seeing as Harry was already wanting to be involved anyways, but he doesn't mention that.

"Well," Harry's voice comes out in a higher pitch than usual while he avoids all eye contact with both of his friends.

"Harry," Naila starts slowly. "You told Louis, right?"

"Told him what?" Harry plays dumb to avoid the question.

"You haven't told him?" Naila yells, standing up.

"What am I supposed to say?" Harry groans, dragging his hands down his face. "'By the way, Louis, the sperm donor that you chose before we started dating was my sperm that I donated the same day you got inseminated, apparently.'"

Naila looks at Harry like he's just grown a second head. "Yes!" she exclaims. "That's exactly what you say!"

"I can't just blurt that out. Niall, have my back here," Harry pleads.

Niall shakes his head. "You have to tell him that the baby's yours."

"You don't have to take Naila's side just because you're in love with her, okay, mate?" Harry says without realizing that he just outed his friend.

He sees Niall's eyes widen and his body stiffen.

"Harry, this isn't something that you keep from someone. Louis deserves to know that you're the father of his-" Naila starts, pausing abruptly. "Wait, what?" She turns to face Niall for a moment, before glancing back at Harry.

"Nothing," Harry says quickly, giving Niall a frantic look and glancing back and forth between the pair.

Niall tries to act nonchalant but shrinks into himself more on the couch instead, biting the nail on his thumb and looking anywhere but at the two standing in front of him. He can feel how red his cheeks must be, and Niall wants to die a little bit.

Naila turns her body towards Niall again. "Niall, what's he talking about?" she asks, her voice much softer than when she was scolding Harry.

Niall tries to make himself smaller as he pushes himself even further into the corner of the couch, folding his arms closer to his body and making sporadic eye contact with the girl in front of him. The nail on his thumb is slowly being shortened to the nub, and he gives Naila a sheepish smile.

"Oh," he hears Naila breathe from in front of him, and he squeezes his eyes shut, wishing he were literally anywhere else.

After a few seconds of awkward silence that felt like hours to the poor Irish boy, he abruptly stands up from his place on the couch. "I gotta go," he mumbles, walking towards the front door without looking at either of the others.

"Niall-" Harry starts, but he's interrupted by the door slamming. He sighs and puts a hand over his eyes. "I'm a terrible friend," he mutters.

"Niall likes me?" Naila asks, turning back to face Harry.

Harry just rolls his eyes. He figures the cat's already out of the bag, so. "Try 'has been in love with you for 3 years.'"

"Really?" she asks, and Harry sees the smile that appears before she covers it with her hand. "Well," she coughs. "What were we talking about?"

"Nothing, I'll figure it out," he sighs. "And you obviously have feelings for Niall too, so you should probably say something before he tries to run away from his problems like he just did."

"My parents would kill me if I brought home a white boy," Naila laughs.

"Naila, your parents love Niall. Hell, they invited him to the party you guys had for Eid," Harry reasons. "Do you have feelings for him?"

"I mean, it's just," she sighs. "Yeah," she admits, plopping herself down on the couch.

"Then please, for the love of god, put the boy out of his misery, because he's probably on his way to sleep at my flat, and as much as I love him, I can't deal with a mopey Niall right now," Harry chuckles.

She just gives Harry a weak smile and stays quiet.

Harry feels his phone buzz from his back pocket a few minutes later, so he slips it out and unlocks it quickly to see a text from the man who's apparently carrying his child without his knowledge.

From Louis:

H, your friend Niall just showed up at my flat pls help me

From Louis:

omg u dick why would u blurt that out to Naila u know Niall wasn't ready

From Louis:

u can't do that to the poor boy he needs to be protected at all costs

From Louis:

HARRY HE'S CRYING HELpME

Harry groans and locks his phone again, slightly worried that Niall will let it slip that Louis's carrying Harry's son.

"I was wrong, Niall went to Louis's, and I now have to go save my boyfriend," Harry laughs. "Come with me."

Naila looks like she's having a mental war with herself for a minute before she bites her lip. "I'll go with you if you swear you'll tell Louis what's going on soon."

"Deal," Harry sighs, motioning for her to follow him out to his car.

Harry knows he has to tell Louis, and he knows that it'll most likely end up alright. It's just the actual 'telling him' part that scares him. What if Louis's disappointed by the news? What if he doesn't want Harry to be the donor? What if Louis dumps him for not telling him as soon as he found out? Harry's not ready to lose Louis. Especially now.

A/N: Hey, guysssss

I'm home alone until Monday so there will probably be quite a few updates because I'm incredibly bored, and I'm getting excited about this fic again lmaooo

Also I LOVE Niall and Naila so much, and I was starting to have withdrawals, so here's this thing! (btw I didn't realize how similar their names were until after I posted the fic lol)

Q: How do you feel about Niall and Naila?? Is there anything you want to see in this fic in the future??