Twenty-Five

"Hey, Lou," Harry greets, pecking Louis on the cheek as he lets him into his flat.

"Hey," Louis sighs, walking over to Harry's dining table with a mountain of papers in his hands. "I need help," he pouts.

Since Louis's now almost 6 months pregnant, his baby bump has proven to be quite the annoyance. It's finally big enough that he can't stand up normally, and it's made it slightly more difficult to do stupid tasks like carry things. His clothes are also becoming tighter, and he's had to start wearing maternity jeans. He's just not feeling great about himself right now.

"How can I assist?" Harry chuckles, sitting down at the table next to Louis.

"I need to get this paperwork done for my 6 month appointment in a few weeks. She can't fit me in until I'm 6 1/2 months, actually, but I still need to get it done and send it in. And I need to make a ton of pointless phone calls for Montgomery because of this damn lawsuit before tomorrow," Louis sighs, rubbing his temples.

"Why don't you put off the paperwork until you're done with the phone calls and then start that? You have almost a month to finish it up," Harry suggests.

"I know, but my OB wants the paperwork on the donor by Friday because she wants to look through his family history to make sure there's nothing she needs to look extra carefully for," he says. "She knows a lot more about him than I do."

"This late?" Harry asks, confused. "Shouldn't she have asked for that when you first got pregnant?"

Louis smiles sheepishly. "I was kind of supposed to have them ready for her by my four month appointment," Louis explains, looking everywhere except at Harry.

"Louis," Harry scolds, chuckling. "That stuff is important."

"I know, I know," he replies, waving his hand in the air. "It's just so boring," he whines.

Harry rolls his eyes fondly. "I'll help you make the calls so we can start on the paperwork faster, alright?"

Louis nods, grinning and appreciative grin and clasping his hands together. "Thank you, thank you, thank you," he repeats.

"What would you do without me?" Harry jokes.

"Get fired," Louis laughs, dialing his first number and pointing to another for Harry to dial.

Harry begins dialing and sighs to himself as the first call begins to ring. "Mr. Hearst, hello," Harry begins.

At the very least an hour passes, and they're still calling random people to inform them that their bank accounts are about to get slightly heavier.

"Why does he have to have so many damn clients," Louis mumbles between calls as he dials another.

"I must have called at least 30 people," Harry says after hanging up on Mrs. Johnson, an incredibly old woman with atrocious hearing.

"4 more," Louis answers with a fake smile, putting his phone up to his ear.

Louis finishes the very last call almost 15 minutes later. "These calls should only have been like 30 seconds each," he complains. "Mr. Gentry has the nerve to rant and rave about how much his wife talks, when he keeps me on the phone for 10 minutes at a time," Louis rolls his eyes. "Sexist bastard."

"Can we take a break before we start the paperwork?" Harry begs.

"Abso-fucking-lutely," Louis replies, standing up and making his way to Harry's exceptionally comfortable couch. "A short one, though," he says, closing his eyes.

Harry plops himself down next to Louis, and Louis moves so that his head is in Harry's lap and his legs are hanging off the arm of the couch. Harry instinctively begins running his fingers through Louis's disheveled hair and rolls his thumb across Louis's stubbly cheek, causing the smaller boy to smile up at him.