Nine

Louis can't believe what he's just done. Don't get him wrong, he is incredibly happy about his decision, but he's just now realized that he is not ready to have a child. When he says "ready," he doesn't mean mentally ready. He's completely mentally ready to have a baby. At least he thinks he is. When he says "ready," he means that he has nothing he needs to have a child. He is not in a big enough flat to have a child. He has no idea how to not kill a child.

Louis could be getting pregnant right now, and that thought makes him smile from ear to ear.

He spends the majority of that night making an Amazon wish list for all the major things he knows he'll need if he does, in fact, become pregnant. He also begins looking for 2 bedroom flats within his price range and has a surprisingly difficult time finding one he likes.

He realizes that he's actually very hungry around his third hour of surfing the internet and decides to check his kitchen for any food that might have magically appeared since this morning when he had to get a McDonald's breakfast. He sighs after checking his fridge for the fifth time and decides that he'll get takeout tonight and go grocery shopping tomorrow.

He slips on some sneakers and retreats out his front door, choosing to walk instead of drive because it is just an exceptionally beautiful night tonight. You can see more stars than usual because of the lack of clouds blocking the view of the sky, and it was a quite pleasant temperature for a February night.

He gets to his favorite 24 hour sushi restaurant and orders a Temaki roll along with some udon. He mentally reminds himself to call ahead next time so that he doesn't need to wait 20 minutes at a table by himself in order to get his order.

While he waits, he scrolls through every form of social media he has, and when he runs out of social media, he gets back onto Amazon and continues searching for baby necessities. As of this moment, the only other people in here with him are the employees and a girl who looks to be about 18 or 19 who is ever so focused on her laptop. Louis assumes she's either writing an essay or having an argument with somebody via social media because of the intensity with which she's staring at her screen.

Just as the girl seems to be finishing up whatever she's typing so intently, a man and a woman who look to be in their last years of university enter the restaurant.

"Niall, I told you not to have that last shot. Or rather, those last 3 shots," the girl says. The boy, Niall, just laughs slightly too hard and trips over his own feet, using the girl as someone to steady himself with. "Niall! Be careful, you almost ripped off my scarf," the girl scolds, pulling a chair out for Niall and quickly pinning her scarf back into place and moving the front slightly forward so that it covered her hairline once again. "Good god, man, you'd think you'd be better at handling your alcohol by now. Now give me your wallet, I'm going to get us some food," she said, holding her hand out. He reached into his back pocket and did as she said.

Another man walks in, and Louis finds him quite familiar, but he can't put his finger on where he's seen him before.

"Louis!" the chef calls out, holding a bag of food with Louis's name on it.

'Finally,' Louis thinks to himself. He smiles at the man and thanks him as he takes the bag from him and turns around on his heel. As he turns, he makes direct contact with what feels like a wall, but is actually a human. This collision causes Louis to drop his wallet, phone, and keys onto the concrete floor.

"Oops!" the human says. He immediately bends over to pick up Louis's belongings before Louis has a chance to. He stands back up and Louis realizes then just how tall this stranger is, and he notices how chiseled his jawline is and how green his eyes are when Louis's eyes meet his face. "Sorry about that," the man apologizes.

"Hi," Louis breathes out, captured by this man's beauty. He sees the man chuckle at his response to his apology and quickly comes back to reality. "I mean," Louis starts. "If you wanted to talk to me, you could have just said 'hello.'"

The man laughs quietly at Louis's joke. "I'll be sure to remember that for next time."

"Right, well, I must get going then," Louis says after a breath, walking around the brunette and towards the door. He barely makes it outside when he hears the bells on the door jingle again and the deep voice of the stranger ring in his ears.

"Wait, Louis," the man calls after him. Louis can hear his feet jogging after him, but he doesn't turn around. Louis is really not in the mood for a fling at this point in his life. The man catches up to him and begins to walk slowly beside him. "It's like 2 in the morning."

"It is," Louis says, nodding his head sarcastically.

"Would you like me to walk you home at this late hour?"

"No offense, Mate, but as you said, it's like 2 in the morning. I'm not letting some random stranger that ran into me at a 24 hour sushi restaurant know where I live."

"That's a fair point," the man says, holding out his hand and flashing probably one of the most beautiful smiles Louis has ever seen. "I'm Harry."

"Nice to meet you, Harry, but I have things in both of my hands so I won't be shaking yours, and you need to go help your friend with your other drunk friend. She seems to be quite annoyed with him," Louis says, smirking up in Harry's direction and pointing back at the two. The girl was currently trying to get Niall to sober up by eating sushi in the parking lot.

"Maybe next time, then," Harry smiles down at Louis.

"Sure, Harold. Next time," Louis breathes out a laugh, and Harry smiles at him once more before running back to his friends.

"Naila, don't let him eat the sushi he dropped on the ground!" Harry shouts, letting out a shrill laugh that really doesn't seem like it should come from someone with such a deep voice.

Louis spends the entirety of his walk home pondering the thought of that beautiful man and thinking about the chances of them ever meeting again. He also thinks about if they do meet again, what are the chances that Harry would want to be with someone who's pregnant? He rolls his eyes at himself, as London's quite big, so the likelihood of them ever seeing each other again is next to nothing.