Eighteen

Harry's been on edge all week since the interview. He felt quite alright about it when he left, but he keeps reviewing how it went in his mind, and every time he thinks about it, he just imagines that it went worse and worse than it did.

Harry did have 2 other interviews within that same week, which he was very thankful for, but the people he was interviewed by just seemed to be, well, assholes, to be frank. Just very, very pretentious and definitely the 'holier-than-thou' type.

Ms. Holt was lovely though. She was very kind, and she seemed to be very passionate about her work. She was, Harry admits, a little pretentious, but a reasonable amount for someone of her stature.

His last day as an intern was 4 or 5 days ago, and he was actually quite sad to leave. He has a great time there and made a few good friends. At least he knows he'll see Liam again, seeing as him and Louis are best mates. Dobrev taught him a lot during his short time at his side, and he's eternally grateful for the experience. And the connections.

Harry can't believe that he's graduating next week either. It doesn't feel real to him. He's about to be completely done with any form of education, and he's about to be thrown out of his uni-provided flat and into the real world where, at the moment, he doesn't have a job or a place to live. So that's good. Harry's stressed.

Today's the day that he's supposed to be receiving a call about the job, and he hasn't gone even a minute without checking his phone. A job offer is basically the make or break of whether or not he has to move back home with his mum, and he would really rather not move back in with his mum.

"Are you making dinner tonight, lad?" Niall asks, plopping himself down next to Harry on the couch. Harry's currently lying on his stomach with his legs hanging off of the arm of the couch. "Why are you lying like that?"

"Can't we just order in?" Harry turns his head to the side so that his friend can hear him. "I'm too paranoid about the impending doom of my future to cook," he mumbles.

"Harry," Niall says, shaking his head. "You're fine. If you don't have a job the second you graduate, you can still crash here until you get one. I'm still here for another semester, remember?"

"Yeah, but, Niall," Harry sighs, pushing himself up to sit upright. "I can't intrude like that while you're finishing up your studies. Especially with whoever the hell is taking my room when I leave."

"Naila's taking your room, lad," Niall laughs. "Don't think she'd care too much."

"Since when?" Harry asks with furrowed eyebrows.

"I dunno, like, 2 months ago, maybe?" Niall shrugs.

"Oh," Harry replies, his voice raising an octave. "So you guys are, uh," he smiles. "moving in together? So early in your relationship?"

"We've had a great friendship," Niall says, enunciating the last word. "for years. We're moving in together. As friends," he states slowly.

"Sure you are, mate," Harry chuckles smugly, giving Niall a slap on the knee.

Niall rolls his eyes. "Harry-"

He's interrupted when there's a knock on the door.

"Fuckin' thank god," Niall mumbles, standing up to answer the door. Harry cackles at his red cheeks.

"Hey, Niall, mate, how are you?" Harry hears Louis's voice echo from the hallway, and he immediately stands up to walk over to him.

"Lou, thank you," Niall exhales, pulling Louis's head towards him and planting a kiss on his head. "Love you." He quickly begins to retreat back to his room before Harry can get in another comment about him and Naila.