Twelve

It's the next Tuesday at 2:47, and Harry is supposed to be walking into Mr. Dobrev's office in exactly 3 minutes to help him prepare for the meeting between Meyerson and Montgomery at 3. Or rather, he was supposed to be there 2 minutes ago, because "on time is late, and early is on time" as Liam put it on Harry's first day.

Harry's whole day has just been kind of off, to say the least. He arrived to the office on time, which means Mr. Dobrev was annoyed that Harry was late, he messed up 3 different people's coffee orders, and he forgot to write down the name of someone who wanted to schedule a meeting between them and Dobrev, and he's just not having a great day today.

It's not really Harry's fault that he's late at the moment, to be fair. Mr. Dobrev had him pick up his dry cleaning and take it back to his flat, but the dry cleaners couldn't find the suit he was supposed to pick up for about 30 minutes, but Harry knows that that is no excuse for being "late" when it comes to Derrick Dobrev.

"You're late," Dobrev scolds without looking up from the notes for the meeting on his desk when Harry walks in.

"Yes, sir. I apologize, it won't happen again," Harry replies, kind of fearing for his entire future.

"You better make sure of that, boy," Dobrev says, sending Harry a stern glare.

"Of course, sir," Harry says, not knowing what else to say.

"Good. Now brief me on what's happening in the meeting at 3."

"Meyerson and Montgomery are coming in to discuss and sign a contract that smooths out all of the details between their upcoming merger. Meyerson is worried that Montgomery is trying to completely take over both companies, while Montgomery is worried that he'll be late picking his daughter up from school, so he needs the meeting to be finished by 3:30," Harry explains in one breath.

Dobrev nods. "We can make that happen. Good job, kid. You'll be monitoring the meeting so that there is a witness to make sure none of us do anything potentially illegal and also to take notes. Meyerson and Montgomery will also have their assistants with them."

"Thank you, sir," Harry says, letting out a breath.

"Did you bring the bagels?" Dobrev asks. Harry nods and motions to the giant box of bagels in his hand, wondering why Dobrev even had to ask. "Good. Let's head to the meeting room, then. Wouldn't want to be late, now would we?" Harry nods and follows Dobrev out of his office before glancing at the time on his phone.

2:54. Harry rolls his eyes at this man's incessant need to be early to everything. They arrive in the meeting room, and Harry immediately presents the bagels and various toppings on a platter and sits in the seat to the right of Dobrev.

"Here's Meyerson," Dobrev says to Harry when he sees the him and his assistant approaching through the windows of the meeting room. He stands up, and Harry follows his lead. "Meyerson! Nice to see you again," Dobrev greets, shaking Meyerson's and his assistant's hand.

"Dobrev, nice to see you. This is my assistant, Mary, she'll be joining us today," Meyerson says with quite a fake smile if Harry might say.

"This is Harry," Dobrev introduces, and Harry leans over the table to shake both of their hands.

"Nice to meet you," he says to them both.

Just then, a very pleasant looking man walks in alone, and Harry can only assume that this is Montgomery.

"Montgomery!" Dobrev greets, similarly to how he greeted Meyerson. "This is Mary and Harry, and you obviously know Meyerson."

"Of course. It's nice to meet you two." He shakes their hands."My assistant will be up in a moment. I accidentally forgot my brief case in the car," he laughs.