Twenty-Two

"What the fuck are you doing?" Louis asks while he watches Harry refold an entire stack of button ups.

Louis and Harry are currently out shopping for furniture for Harry's loft, and while Louis was distracted by the nursery section, Harry had somehow made his way over to the women's clothing section. It took Louis about 10 minutes to find him.

"They don't have my size," Harry pouts, tucking the collar of the blouse under his chin to finish folding.

"Well it's a good thing that we're trying to furnish your living room instead of filling your closet then, innit?" Louis laughs, helping him fold up the last shirt. "Harry, this shirt is £200."

"But it's so pretty," he whines, smoothing out the pink satin of the shirt on top.

"C'mon," Louis sighs, rolling his eyes and grabbing Harry's hand. He drags him over to the section of the store that holds the majority of the furniture. Much to Louis's dismay, of course, because the nursery section is on the other side of the store for whatever reason. He just wants to look, okay?

"You need a couch," Louis mentions when he sees Harry go straight to the barstools, which are obviously much less necessary.

Harry nods in agreement and walks over to the couches, his eyes immediately focusing in on a medium sized white couch with three cushions, one of the three about twice as long as the others so that you could spread your legs in front of you comfortably. Harry plops himself down on it and Louis watches him fondly as he moves around to gauge the level of comfort. "Do you think they have this in grey?" Harry asks, looking up to Louis.

"There should be a tag on it somewhere that says the colors, let me look," Louis says, walking over to the other side of the couch and finding a tag slightly bigger than his hand with all of the color swatches on it and a price. "Yeah, it comes in light grey and charcoal," he nods.

Harry stands up and looks at the two options. "I really like the light grey one."

"Have you already decided on a couch then?" Louis smiles, looking up at his boyfriend.

"I think so," Harry says, showing off his dimples.

"Make a note of the code and the color then so we can order it," Louis says and Harry smiles like he does every time Louis says 'we' when discussing something domestic.

Louis watches Harry make a note in his phone and smiles at how he pokes his tongue out the side of his mouth while he types.

"Will you look for a floor pillow while I try to find a TV stand over there?" Harry smiles with his hands clasped together near his chin.

"A floor pillow?" Louis asks with a smile that enunciates the wrinkles by his eyes.

"Yeah, it's like a big pillow, but like," Harry explains. "you sit on it on the ground."

"Alright, love," Louis chuckles. "I'll go look for one."

"Thanks," Harry smiles and pecks Louis on the cheek before going off towards the entertainment centers. "Oh, um, if they don't have pink, just try to get a neutral color," he smiles.

Louis nods. "Floor pillows?" he mumbles to himself while he tries to find whatever section those are in. "What a hippie."

"Do you need help finding something?" a voice says from behind Louis. He turns around to find a man probably a few years older than himself and smiles.

"Do you work here?" Louis asks, noticing that the man in front of him isn't dressed similarly to the other employees he's seen.

"Well, no, but my dad owns it, so I know my way around the place," the guy shrugs. "Samuel," he says, holding his hand out to Louis with a smirk.