Twenty-Seven

Harry knows he's been acting strange. He knows Louis can tell he's treating him differently. He just can't help it.

As shitty as this may sound, it was different before Harry knew that Louis's son was also his son, by some force of nature. Before he knew, the boy in Louis's tummy was just another baby being brought into the world, but now it's Harry's baby. Harry's and Louis's baby.

Before, Harry would have totally punched someone for Louis if need be, but now, Harry swears he would take a bullet for him. This whole situation makes him see Louis in a whole new light.

Before, Louis was his boyfriend. His pregnant boyfriend. His pregnant boyfriend that he cared for way too deeply for only having dated a few months.

Now, Louis's not only his boyfriend, but the father of his child. Sometimes he really believes he's his soulmate as well, but he doesn't admit that to himself a lot, because it's still fairly early in the pair's relationship.

"Harry, I'm 6 months pregnant, not dying. I can get out of bed," Louis laughs with still-tired eyes as Harry walks into his bedroom with breakfast in bed.

"Can I not treat my beautiful boyfriend to some breakfast?" Harry grins that beautiful grin that Louis adores.

"Fine," Louis sighs with a smile, sitting up and taking the tray of food from Harry. He giggles at the single flower Harry's placed in a water glass. "Where's your food?"

Harry shrugs. "I had some cereal while I was making yours."

"Harry," Louis scolds. "Here, take half of mine," he says, beginning to split the eggs in half.

Harry reaches up to gently stop Louis's hand while shaking his head. "You're not just feeding yourself, you need it for the baby."

Louis scoffs. "Harry, no one needs this much bloody food in the morning," he says, motioning to the 2 sunny side eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 sausage links, a piece of toast, and a small pile of roasted potatoes.

"I'm just making sure our-er, i mean, your son gets enough breakfast as well, Louis. He's a growing boy," Harry smiles, trying to play off his incredibly obvious fuck up.

Harry sees Louis's eyes crinkling fondly, and he knows he wasn't as discreet as he tried to be.

"What did you say?" Louis laughs, stabbing a potato with his fork.

"I said that I'm just looking out for your son," Harry rephrases.

"Mm, no. I don't think you said 'your,'" Louis teases.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Harry replies, his acting skills failing him completely.

"You said 'our son,'" Louis smiles, raising his eyebrows quickly as he puts a potato wedge in his mouth.

"Alright, that's quite enough, eat your breakfast," Harry says, feeling his face go red.

"Don't you mean 'our' breakfast?" he laughs.

"I'm going downstairs now," Harry chuckles, standing up from his place on the bed.

Louis catches his hand as he turns and pulls him back towards him slightly to peck him on the lips. He looks into his eyes as Harry bends over him and flashes him a smile. "I think it's cute that you kind of think of him as yours too," Louis grins.

Harry's lips form into a tight, awkward smiles and all he can think is 'you have no idea,' but he just says, "Yeah, well."

Louis gives him another small peck and releases his hand. "I'll meet you downstairs in a moment, I just need to get put some clothes on quickly."