adult!singer!Honoka × autistic!bullied!fangirl!Reader

Start from the beginning

  Who wears sunglasses in the midst of winter?

  “Just calm down, Chika-chan. This girl didn’t do anything to you.” The nicer girl spoke, and she had short grey hair which appeared to bounce with her every step.

Wait. Chika? You paused in your train of thought, slightly bewildered. Chika. As in Takami Chika, the famous leader of the school idol group, Aqours? What were they doing here in New York?

  “You. Aqours.” You questioned in a monotone voice, leaning closer to the grey-haired girl, who you now knew to be Watanabe Yōu, a member of the same group, as faint jazz music echoed in the background, attracting your attention a little.

  “Ah.” Yōu giggled nervously, using a hand to rub the back of her neck and added: “You found us out.”

  “Don’t tell anyone!” Chika interrupted in a threatening tone, her voice in between a shout and a whisper. “We’re supposed to be hiding from the press.”

  You gave her an obstinate look and turned back to Yōu. “Promise.”

You must remember this,
A kiss is just a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh.

  Further intrigued by the music and the somewhat familiar voice, you followed the lovely sound to the city square, where people were swarming around, and you instantly felt uncomfortable, but you were determined to find out who was singing that beautiful song.

The fundamental things apply
As time goes by.

  The deeper you walked into the crowd, the stronger and more powerful the melody was to you. Finally, as the sea started thinning, you could see, rather clearly, that there was a lone figure at the end of the path, singing into a mic, her ginger hair wrapped in a beanie, eyes closed as she channeled her very soul into the lyrics.

  Unknowingly, Yōu and Chika had followed you, and startled when they saw who it was. You yourself were standing with your mouth wide open. 

  Because right in front of you, in the flesh, was Kousaka Honoka, the world-wide known girl for having started μ’s, which saved their high school from closing down, and had proceeded to win Love Live! — the annual competition held in Japan for school idol groups all over the country.

  You really could not believe your own two eyes. Was this excitement you felt? Your parents had tried to explain to you what different emotions felt, and you did not really understand, but you felt that you finally understood what they were trying to tell you all along.

  You were about to shout to her, but then, Chika gave you a death glare and jabbed you in the ribs, sulking off in the process with Yōu following her. But then, the grey-haired girl stopped and gestured for you to follow them.

And when two lovers woo,
They still say, “I love you.

  You gave her an apologetic smile and shook your head, feeling a mysterious force holding you in your place as you listened to Honoka’s beautiful voice.

  And soon, the sounds of her music washed over you, isolating you from the rest of the world, as if you were in a completely different dimension altogether.