Chapter Fifty Six: The Ties That Bind

Elena stares at James in shock. "I didn't know...anyone was over." She says. "Is Trinity here?"

"She's still in bed." He says.

Elena gives a jerky nod. "Okay. I'll come back later." She turns.

"I can go get her." He opens the door wider.

Elena looks over her shoulder. "No, it's fine." She leaves.

James closes the door. "Weird." He says to himself and walks back upstairs.

Trinity walks into the hallway. "Who was is?"

"Elena." He says. "She was looking for you but I told her you were still in bed."

Trinity looks at him. "Did you answer the door in your towel?"

"Yeah, why?"

Trinity rolls her eyes. "Thanks a lot. She now thinks that I'm sleeping with you."

Bonnie is walking through a cemetery. She sees a coffin sitting above ground and places her hand on it. Klaus appears behind her and she turns around to face him.

"I figured out how to open it. Can you?" He flashes towards Bonnie and bites her.

Bonnie wakes up and sees that she's in a coffin. "Let me out! Please! Oh my god, oh my god! Fes matos tribum, melan veras, et vasa quisa, exu quisa!" She hears footsteps outside the coffin. "Hey! I'm in here! I'm in here! I'm in here!"

A woman opens the coffin.

At the abandoned witch house, Elena and Bonnie stand in front of the coffins. "I've been having these dreams for days now. It's like the witches are trying to send me a message." Bonnie tells her.

Elena shakes her head. "I just can't believe that you guys kept this from me this whole time."

"Stefan thought, if you knew where the coffins were, Klaus could threaten people to get the information out of you."

"So, these are the rest of his family?"

"Yeah. Elijah and two others. This one..." She points to one of the coffins. "Is the one we can't open. We don't know who is in it, or what's in it, only that I think my dream's telling me it'll help us kill Klaus."

Stefan walks in and sees Elena. "What the hell are you doing?"

They turn around. "I needed her to know about the coffin." Bonnie says.

"And I needed you to keep her out of it, Bonnie."

"So what are you gonna do, Stefan?" Elena asks, glaring at him. "Are you gonna kidnap me, so that I won't tell anyone?"

"Don't tempt me, Elena."

"I think I know who can open the coffin, Stefan." Bonnie explains. "And I need Elena to help me find her."

"Find who? What are you talking about?" He asks.

"I couldn't place her face at first. Then I realized..." Bonnie shows Elena a photo.

Her eyes widen. "Oh my god, Bonnie."

Stefan looks at the photo. "Who is this?"

Bonnie looks at him. "It's my Mom."

James looks at Trinity. "Where are you going?"

She puts on a jacket. "I'm going to speak to Elena, tell her that whatever she's thinking is wrong, and find out why she was here in the first place."

James gets up. "I'll come with you."

"No, you'll just make it worse."

"But-"